PDA

View Full Version : Speaking to parents..

Jelly Baby
31-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Haven't been on here for ages..apart from a quick tax Q but aim to try much harder as feel like im falling behind with bits i feel i should know..anyway!

I look after twins full time, i have had them about 2.5 years, they are polish. Lovely little boys who are currently sat next to me colouring in money boxes! they are 3.5 and not due to start school until next Sept 13. I hope to have them till then but unsure what the parents are doing.

I am going to have a chat with the parents as i try to have regular renewals with them to see how everything is going. One of my concerns is them going back to Poland. I will ahve very little income and we have a very expensive rent where we live. They seem to want the boys to go to the local school which would be great as the other children i mind go there too and if they get a space i hope thats how it will go. however if they dont i need to find out what thier plans are.

One suggestion i also have is getting them to go to the local pre school for a couple of sesions which is close to the school, this would help their english (mixed vocabulary) and would gain them friends to go to school with.
I would still get paid the same for them going to pre school i assume as mum and dad at work but feel it would help them..ide be bored as only have them!

So how do i address this in the best way do you think?

Thanks

smurfette
31-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I had this a couple of weeks ago as I think one of my mindees might be leaving later in year and I had had enquiries for the space. In the end I chickened out and emailed the mum which I knew she would get as she works from home. It helped me because I was able to lay out what I wanted to say without fumbling over it and allowed her time to think about what she wanted. I had to be careful about putting ideas into her head like playschool though as I didn't really wan to Do a school run! Would this work for you?

Jelly Baby
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.

the pre school run wouldnt be a prob as it is next to the school that i drop to anyway and ide have to hang around for about 15 mins but not an issue..collecting ide have to go out but again not the end of the world. Will speak to them see what they think.

smurfette
01-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Good luck with it, let me know how you get on! Wasnt any help asking my mum she just said she didn't know hadnt thought about it and since baby is breast feeding she doesn't know when she will be weaned enough to leave! So no help really except she knows I now am looking at filling the space .. She said come back to me when I needed to know and she would make a call on it whatever that means! So gonna go ahead and see if I can find someone to fit and will give notice if I have to even if before she is ready as I feel she wouldnt think twice about giving me notice when she decides!