PDA

View Full Version : Going from 2 to 3!

sarran
30-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Just looking for a little advice, I have a 2 year old of my own and older kids, I already mind an 18 month old, who i have had for almost a year. I have been asked to take on a 14 month old too, the thought of going from 2 to 3 little ones seems a bit daunting, just interested in peoples opinions as im unsure what to do, thanks x

cathtee
30-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I have 3 under 5 but evenly spaced in age, yours will be very close that in itself isn't any problem, it is the logistics of going out you need to look at, ie buggy will need triple or eldest walking, enough space in the car this is what will a stumbling block if anything.

Good luck in making the decision:)

melco
30-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I am in the same position on a wednesday I will have 8month old, 14month old and 18month old. I however have been lucky that the 18month old is 9:15-2:15pm and the 14month old starts at 2:30-6:30pm so not all at the same time.

I have seen other childminders however with triple buggy and they seem to be fine its just me probably that thinks I would not be able to cope!!

funemnx
30-07-2012, 07:16 PM
I have 3 lo's who are between 28 and 30 months now. I've had them all since they were about 1. The first year was hard work but this year, I'm really enjoying them so much. All of them play well together, they enjoy the park and outings, they are little bit more independent and can walk to school and back.

It might be a bit tricky now, but you will love it a year from now :thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
30-07-2012, 07:28 PM
I had my youngest and two mindees around similar ages as those. My dd was the oldest so I used to put the mindees in a double buggy and my dd on a Litaf two- step seat which was great, as she could either stand up or sit down if she was tired, although technically she was a little young as you aren't supposed to use them until they are 30mths :blush:,( never used it for a mindee who was under age though!)
Also I used to plan carefully about getting them in and out of the car, I would get the most 'volatile' one strapped in first (usually my dd!), either in the car or the buggy and see to the others one by one, I also used to keep reins on them the whole time I was out at that age, because if one ran I couldn't leave the others to go and get them.
It sometimes seemed an endless round of changing nappies and wiping faces, but although busy they were happy times!

sarran
30-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies, am starting to feel a bit more confident about it now x

smurfette
30-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Last year I had an 18 month old. 8 month old and 4 month old. Hard hard work! But the days go by fast. It is constant feeding and changing and don't expect you will get time to make dinner, put on a wash or anything! But it does get easier as you get into a routine and as pp said they get older and this year they are fun! Logistics of travelling are the hardest thing, but at least the age they are at they should be walking, feeding themselves etc which will help. You just need to be organised about how to get everyone from a to b safely and have a routine and you will be fine! It's a plus having them from young too as they grow up knowing your rules and way of doing things! Best of luck you will do great!

clareelizabeth1
31-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I have 3 under 3's and I love it I don't think it is any harder than having 2, but I used to work at a nursery where I was always being left with 7 under 3's (the reasion i quit) after that it's a breeze. Helps that they can all walk and all have a clear understanding of whats aloud. That are all really sweet when I say lunch time they all go stand at the gate waiting to be let through then when in the kitchen stand next to their highchair waiting to be put in. Harder when we go out but I never go out with out another adult as I think it would be to much. They all get on well being so close in age and it means that I don't have to plan multiple activities as they are all at about the same level.

mummyMia
31-07-2012, 12:56 PM
I have two days a week when I have 3 children of similar ages to those. On the other days of the week I only have 2. I find that it is perfectly doable but hard work. When I have 3 little ones, childminding feels much more like a full time professional job that takes up a lot of my time and energy. On the days when I only have 2 little ones I am a lot more relaxed and childminding feels more like something that fits alongside my family. Hope that makes sense!