PDA

View Full Version : HOWS THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS GOING?

angeldelight
30-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Are you all enjoying them?

What have you all been doing?

Angel xx

mushpea
30-07-2012, 02:12 PM
its going boringly,,, my own two are old enought to do their own thing and I only have one mindee each day except thursday, last day my tuesday mindee went home ill so didnt come wednsday or thursday and that was it for her for the week, the other one I have on a monday and a thursday then I have fridays off,, its lovley to have the time off but its also frustrating not to have the work
bet your glad you asked now:D
however we have been to the parks and met with other childminders and with my own kids we have been for some lovley walks in places we dont normaly go and been to the cinema so not all bad.

karens knippers
30-07-2012, 02:25 PM
aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhhh still have 37 days to go!!!! All my pre-school children are well and truly ready for primary school. My knees hurt from all of the praying I have done trying to keep the good weather.
Been sorting and washing the toys, got visits planned for zoo, butterfly park, falconry and sea-side.

gegele
30-07-2012, 02:31 PM
last week went to muddy and pebble beach and country park monday, tuesday forest day, wednesday sandy beach day, thursday let's do nothing day and rest, friday bowling and field.

this week zoo today, nothing tomorrow, wednesday activity day with ranger at a country park

thursday hospital and off for 2weeks.

today was a bit of a disaster but ok. :laughing:

FussyElmo
30-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Loving them can we make them a bit longer 6 weeks is not long enough.

But I only have tto children so its just me and mine :thumbsup:

BucksCM
30-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Monday-sun shining-Cassoibury Park and a picnic(incl. train ride and ice cream)
Tuesday-sun shining-Cassoibury Park and a picnic(incl. train ride and ice cream)- children requested we go back!
Wednesday-still sunny-children's centre for the morning-picnic in garden with another cm and her children-water play in the afternoon
Thursday-still sunny but cooler-trip to local park-picnic in garden with a friend and her children-water play again(requested)
Friday-no cm children but had friend for dd and took them swimming and then Wimpy for tea.
Today-sunny but breezy-local park-met two other cm-sat on roundabout-smoked a fag...ONLY JOKING!!!(see another thread!!!)I took my parachute up and we played a few games...lots of laughter!Lunch at home-1yo had a sleep while older ones started summer scrapbooks.
Tomorrow-children's centre messy play session in the morning-lunch-diaries/scrapbooks-quiet play
Wednesday-Black Park for a picnic (as weather is going to be sunny again!)

Got to go now as need to wake lo and get tea ready!
:D

smurfette
30-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Weather been rubbish here Til the last three days so hasnt been fun keeping my own three (6,8 and 10) and three under 3 occupied! We have had hols since end June so are halfway through our eight week break already! It's good though we are enjoying the break from school runs and homework!

So far we have been to butterfly farm, aquarium, big park, botanic gardens and out walking the dog on the playing fields. We have taken a picnic if the weather has been fine otherwise darting out between showers! Some days have been just pottering at home and in the garden, Painting etc

We also got away for a long weekend to a friends mobile home by the sea and this weekend (bank holiday here is it there?) going to cork (3.5 hour drive away) to stay with Dhs cousin.. Their boys are the same age as our girls and we can't wait
Few bits more planned .. Tomorrow is my eldests birthday so going out for the day hope weather is fine!!

breezy
30-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Been busy lots of trips out and lots of paddling pool time, but I think I'm getting old I'm shattered every night, and I was trying to wear them out, not me :laughing:

singingcactus
30-07-2012, 03:51 PM
We've spent today doing yard work. Taking a bunch of ride-ons, bikes etc to the recycling centre to see if anyone else wants them, cos I have acquired way too many. Then we are hanging the kart tyres on ropes so they are off the floor but accessible for the kids who like to play with them, whilst leaving space underneath for the tubs of 'stuff'...etc etc, you get the point :)

We went to seaton carew yesterday in hartlepool and were treated to a thunder storm and sleet downpour as soon as we stepped onto the beach. Not to be beaten my little one went paddling anyway and had a blast - much to the lifeguards amusement.

Other than that I seem to be spending my week off doing hospital runs, dental trips, and eye appointments :( for the kids.

Tomorrow though am off to worksop to hook up with some gaming buddies and my big bro. Looking forward to that :)

kellib
30-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Ours are nearly over :( only 2 weeks left :(

We've had a lot of fun though, helped by the fact I've barely worked :laughing: Still got lots planned for the next 2 weeks so lots more fun to be had :thumbsup:

jumping j
30-07-2012, 05:07 PM
busiest I've ever been :clapping::panic:
we've been making the most of any free actvities I can find.
The local museum do something every day, so far we've been down to their lego session and board game session, been to 5 different parks and 2 sure start centres and had a lot of picnics.
I'm hoping the weather can stay dry enough for the 2 play days tomorrow and wednesday

funemnx
30-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Week 2 for us - it's been lovely, just parks picnics and paddling pool so far. It's a quieter one for me which is so lovely - between 2 and 5 children every day so we can get out and about if we want to. They're all between 2 and 5 years so no older 'bored' children to worry about! :thumbsup:

blue bear
30-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I love the holidays, the bigger children are good company, the time is flying past. :)

Roseolivia
30-07-2012, 05:48 PM
We've spent today doing yard work. Taking a bunch of ride-ons, bikes etc to the recycling centre to see if anyone else wants them, cos I have acquired way too many. Then we are hanging the kart tyres on ropes so they are off the floor but accessible for the kids who like to play with them, whilst leaving space underneath for the tubs of 'stuff'...etc etc, you get the point :)

We went to seaton carew yesterday in hartlepool and were treated to a thunder storm and sleet downpour as soon as we stepped onto the beach. Not to be beaten my little one went paddling anyway and had a blast - much to the lifeguards amusement.

Other than that I seem to be spending my week off doing hospital runs, dental trips, and eye appointments :( for the kids.

Tomorrow though am off to worksop to hook up with some gaming buddies and my big bro. Looking forward to that :)

I didn't hear the storm and we're only 10 min drive from Seaton, did you enjoy it, there's not much there to do unless your kids love the arcades.

Roseolivia
30-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I only have 1 mindee 2 and half days a week until the last week of August when i also have a 3yr old all week. We've had a good time up to now, lots of garden play, met up with some wonderful minders from here last week, baked cakes, crafts etc. Next week am off to Robin Hoods Bay for the week, planning on doing some geocaching and a treasure trail, hopefully theweather will be better than this week has started.

What have you been doing Angel??

samb
30-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Last week was hot and also "Love Parks Week" so we visited a different park every day! 1 local on scooters, 1 futher away with a group of minders, 1 on train followed by library to sign up for the reading challenge and another on a bus. (I don't work Fridays) Each one involved a picnic.

Today we went to yet another park, fed the ducks and went to the museum next to it which had great stuff for the children all free. Hoping weather is good tomorrow as going to a large park that has water the kids can run in and out of too. Wednesday we are off to Box Hill and Thursday my new ad hoc hour mindee starts then I have a week off to do family things. Then 2 more weeks of working holidays, 1 week off to go on holiday and then a few days before school starts again!

I really like the holidays and the way it doesn't feel so long to me is to work my holidays like that - work 2 weeks, 1 week off, work 2 weeks, 1 week off. :thumbsup: