PDA

View Full Version : here we go....

Donkey
11-06-2008, 04:55 PM
just a little update from lil me,

been away for a week and feeling refreshed. Finalising my DQP portfolio, have the 'new' childminders mentor coming round on friday morning, Ofsted are coming round on weds for my pre reg :panic:
im back at work tmrw :(
had an enquiry for some weird hours, 15mnth old.
mums working hours are week one 7.30am-2.30pm and week 2 2.30pm till 10.30pm (what on earth would I charge, would I be crazy taking this on?)
it could potentially mean my working day could span from 7am till 11pm 16 hour day???????? did I mention I like sleep?:panic: :panic: :panic:

I am booked onto a food hygeine course for the bargain price of £5 (small perk to living in a deprived area)
and thats about it really!!!

:clapping:

sarah707
11-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I suppose we are supposed to be the flexible alternative to nurseries... but that is a very long day! I must say I wouldnt do it personally, but there's no reason why you shouldn't ... the child would have to be very very good though!!

Well done getting on the first aid... I've got mine next month, not something I look forward to :rolleyes:

Rubybubbles
11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
whoa long hours, but up to you I guess! I couldn't haha

good to see your progress :thumbsup:

angeldelight
11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
You are busy

Hope you are enjoying

Speak soon

Angel xx

tulip0803
11-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Good luck with all that you have going on at the moment:)

I have worked to 10pm before, but it was once in a blue moon for a 5 year old and for a premium (Time and half). It would be a very long day to do it regularly. It is your choice how flexible you can be but 16 hours could be very exhausting, depends on the child. 80 hour week:eek: .