PDA

View Full Version : Another total waste of time

JCrakers
30-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Im half way through becoming accredited and have had an improvement advisor round. she gave me some info I had to add to my policies, little tweaks etc.

She also wants me to do an action plan. Basically a chart of what I plan to do. :mad:

Now, I'm very much of a 'here and now' person. I don't know what Im going to be doing/planning to buy in 3 months time. If something gets broken I may replenish, I may not depending on what it was. If I go shopping and fall across something I may buy it.
I may take on a new child, I may not. If I did I may buy a couple of new toys, I may not.
I make decisions when they need to be made, I don't think ahead too much as things change so easily.

I'm really sick to death of all this useless paperwork. It's making me think again about carrying on with childminding. I can't see myself doing this for much longer.
She gave me a 40 page SEN paper to read through. I browsed it but being that I don't have any children at the moment with special needs I feel if I ever took any on, that would be the time to read through it in more detail. :blush:
I may take on a child next week needing extra support, I may never take one on.
It's basically taking all the fun that is left in this job and turning it into an office job.

Mouse
30-07-2012, 10:02 AM
The way I see it is you have 2 choices.

You either argue the point with them and ask why you need to do an action plan, why it's relevant, what difference it actually makes etc

Or you make something up, hand it in with a smile on your face, then forget all about it. If they ever query it, say that your plans changed as you went along :thumbsup:

zippy
30-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Agree it's useless paperwork lol, try and make it of use to you by theming it for example you may have a doctors kit at home do you eventually want to get stuff to go around it, maybe some books from heart foundation (have to add very cheap and fantastic lol) maybe some real bandages, maybe some playmobil hospital stuff, to include wheelchair to build up disability resources. I have a chart if it's any good for you I use it as part of my sef, it'll tick the boxes for what you need you can just fill in by hand then pm me your email of you want it hun.

zippy
30-07-2012, 10:26 AM
think i may have worked out how to upload an attachment 6223

sarah707
30-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Your DO is well informed!!

Read the inspector's guidance for the revised EYFS and you will find reference to action plans!

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=105663

It is on my list of things to do for the revised EYFS so I am ready for Sept in case they bring inspections closer.

Just pull the 'things to do next' bits out of your SEF and put them all together and those are your action plans :D

JCrakers
30-07-2012, 11:18 AM
think i may have worked out how to upload an attachment 6223

Thank you :D

I shall get down and do it this afternoon. improvement officer is back on Friday. I will have to fill it with some stuff. Don't know what, will probably make it all up. If its there in print it will be ok and will tick a box for her :rolleyes:

BucksCM
30-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Exactly why I keep saying NO to becomming accredited.
They keep saying no extra paperwork but all I hear here is "more paperwork"!
And the pay per hour is less than I charge!

Ripeberry
30-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Its all becoming bonkers if you ask me :rolleyes:

watgem
30-07-2012, 01:59 PM
its exactly all this thats putting me off becoming accredited, every time my DO brings it up I come on here and change my mind about doing it lol!good luck Crackers:)xxx

blue bear
30-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I've always had a wish list with a check off when bought it. Just became second nature, think it was something we were told to do at the initial course 16 years ago.