PDA

View Full Version : Childcare.co.uk

JoRo163
29-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Worth the subscription or not?

I've only been registered a couple if weeks and really need to start earning as soon as I can. I've registered with FIS, yell.com, put notices up in local shops etc a notice in my window and a relatively small leaflet drop. I've had a couple of 'as and when' casual enquiries from mums in the school playground but nothing solid.

So I've registered on childcare.co.uk and realised that you have to pay a fee to be able to contact anyone. So, what is your experience, is it worth the fee? Have you secured any work from the site? I just don't want to plough too much more cash into this before I'm earning anything. I'm at my limit now!

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Mrs Scrubbit
29-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I signed up without paying a fee and within a week a parent messaged me with her phone number, you could mention in your profile that parents would need to contact you and see how things go before paying for gold membership
hth

kel1983
30-07-2012, 07:07 AM
only about 2 of mine have come from the site. Parents are not willing to pay for the subscription so it is left to us to pay.

I was fortunate to join back when it was cheaper. Im not sure I would want to pay the more expensive rate now.

mrs robbie williams
30-07-2012, 07:12 AM
i pay and have lots of enquiries, and also all my current mindees are through there :thumbsup:

jadavi
30-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Likewise I can honestly say I wouldn't have a business without this site.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-07-2012, 09:13 AM
I think the question is "can you afford not too?" this site is where parents go and 1 enquiry that pans out pays the fee

rickysmiths
30-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Well I have had tons of interest, lots of time waters visiting and not one sign up so for me a waste of time. All my business come from FIS or word of mouth. It always has.

JCrakers
30-07-2012, 10:30 AM
It's funny what works for one doesn't for others

I've paid twice over 5yrs and not had a single email back from probably 10 potential parents ive emailed. Now I just browse and if I see someone local, I look at them hoping they will contact me.

JoRo163
30-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Well, I think I'll give it a whirl for a month and see how I get on with it. Fingers crossed I'll get something. I think you will get some time wasters occasionally regardless of where the lead came from.

Thanks for sharing!

jaja
30-07-2012, 03:49 PM
It's funny what works for one doesn't for others

I've paid twice over 5yrs and not had a single email back from probably 10 potential parents ive emailed. Now I just browse and if I see someone local, I look at them hoping they will contact me.

I was with them for a few years never got any work, then a review was given which was false and the company wouldnt help me, they did eventually only due to my putting my review of them on here. I personally will never use them again. Read all the information regarding what they will and wont do before signing up.

xx

LittleLegsCM
30-07-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm registered but never paid for the 'gold' stuff. I've had a few enquiries through it, of which only 1 went to sign up! I do go at least every other day to see if there's any new local parents and if any look good I view their profile so they get a notification and then wait & see.

Ive had a lot more enquiries through netmums childcare board tbf.

What's FIS???

melco
30-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I did the monthly subscription and I only paid for 4 months and I am now full!! The majority was from me contacting parents. So I think its worth it but now I am full I have cancelled it and just have the free one.

HTH

melco
30-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Also for Littlelegs FIS is the Family Information Service who receive your information from Ofsted once you are registered and parents can get a list of childminders in their area from there.

ChocolateChip
30-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Well I have had tons of interest, lots of time waters visiting and not one sign up so for me a waste of time. All my business come from FIS or word of mouth. It always has.

Same here- I paid for a year's membership (with the forum discount :D) and never got a penny's worth of actual business, just lots of ignored messages and three people who came to visit but then wanted completely different care to what they had advertised for :mad:
Guess it depends where you live but I won't bother again.

LittleLegsCM
31-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Also for Littlelegs FIS is the Family Information Service who receive your information from Ofsted once you are registered and parents can get a list of childminders in their area from there.

Thank you :thumbsup: as soon as I read that I thought to myself Im a muppet I knew that! :blush::laughing:

JCrakers
31-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Don't forget your discount if you go for it..

rickysmiths
31-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Don't forget your discount if you go for it..

No more discounts available these were withdrawn last month :(

JCrakers
31-07-2012, 10:29 AM
No more discounts available these were withdrawn last month :(

Oh ok...:laughing:
Sorry

rickysmiths
31-07-2012, 10:31 AM

You can ring your local Family Information Service and update and change your information.