PDA

View Full Version : setting up a mobile creche

pirateship
29-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Does anybody have any experience in setting up a mobile creche for weddings/ events etc?
I've been asked to supervise some children at a friend of a friend's wedding and, having briefly looked into it, it's something that I might like to pursue but not really sure where to start!

jadavi
29-07-2012, 07:44 PM
sounds a bril idea. let us know how you get on

Bluebell
29-07-2012, 08:49 PM
wow does sound a great idea - our local childrens centre has a mobile play bus - might be worth checking out that kind of thing so that you can have all your resources with you and a space of your own. Otherwise you are reliant on whatever space the function can allow - might be a poky room or if event is in marquee you might be outside and weather dependent.
Not really sure how you could go about it but it really does sound a great idea - you could get hotels and so on on board so they can offer your services as part of their package iyswim.
I'd been thinking of offering a creche/hoilday service for holiday makers as we have hundreds of holiday makers who don't come as part of a package/holiday camp - stay in holiday homes or hotels that would offer babysitting at a push but not a kid free day with entertained kids! Couldn't figure out how to combine it with regular childminding unless I kept a day free and did it on those days only and then I have my own kids as well so not that compatable at the moment but I would be really intersted to hear how you get on!

smurfette
29-07-2012, 10:56 PM
A friend of mine is doing this here at the moment ., she worked for someone who did it and made a lot of mistakes and now does it on her own
Basically the hotel provides the room (not sure who pays for this tbh but can check) and she brings her own equipment .. Usually there is a few of them dependent on number of kids. They bring wiis for the older ones, and arts and crafts, do dancing/singing etc and maybe put on a movie. I think the kids meals are served with them. They bring child size tables and chairs with them to make it easier. Then they offer babysitting too in the evening

One thing which was an issue for them was they offered the service countrywide and getting the stuff there and petrol expenses/overnight stays if too far to drive back after a late finish made it not cost effective. So you need to do it locally enough near enough to drive home, and I guess either be prepared tO have assistants work with you or only take a certain number of kids. Also bring first aid kits with you! May be too far away from reception in an emergency!

Pm me if you have specific questions and i will help