PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding logo question

jadavi
29-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Has anyone else received the 2011/2012 logo from Ofsted this year? It's annoying as it'll look out of date next year and I've only just been rated. Surely it should be 2012/2013?
Should I ask Ofsted?

christine e
29-07-2012, 06:00 AM
It applies to school years in that a year runs from 1st Sept to 31st August - if you were inspected 31st August 2012 then it would show 2011 -2012 and if inspected 1st Sept 2012 then it would be 2012-2013. I was inspected March 2011 so have the 2010-2011 logo

Christine

bunyip
29-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Yup, that's right.

It does seem to be a rather annoying double standard. We're awarded the logo as a 'quality assurance' mark for a particular "inspection year." If we then get a "good" at our next inspection, we're not allowed to use the logo at all. But by then, the logo clearly refers to a previous year, so it's not like claiming that we're still "outstanding" - the inspection year is on the logo.

Other businesses are allowed to display similar logos/certificates/etc. won in previous years, but not CMs.:(

rickysmiths
29-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Surely you are still allowed to display the old logo as well as a new one? But then if you have gone down to Good from Outstanding maybe you wouldn't want to advertise this?

bunyip
29-07-2012, 11:32 AM
TBH, I suspect we CMs set a lot more store by our grades than parents do.

I was at an NCMA forum where a table of CMs calculated they had over 90 years of experience, and never had a parent asked about their grade.

I had an enquiry from a mum who would only take on a good/outstanding CM. I was pleased and flattered at first. Then it transpired she didn't have the first idea. She wanted a CM to collect 3 children from 2 different schools (simultaneously); take them back to their family home; cook dinner; and maybe fit in a bit of housework before she got home to take over. Her proposed fee was, IIRC, £5ph but she was going to reduce this if the CM wanted to share in the meal they had prepared.:laughing: