PDA

View Full Version : Planning in learning journey or separate?

*Katrina*
28-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Not sure whether to put the children's individual planning into their learning journey's or keep it as something separate?

bunyip
28-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Whatever suits you best. :)

funemnx
28-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I put it in the LJ with the summative report - easy as they're ring binders but glueing a sheet in a scrap book is just as easy. I just like to keep everything in one place! :thumbsup:

Wheelybug
28-07-2012, 06:50 PM
If an observation in the Learning Journey has a next step then I write this in the learning journey with the observation, but my actual planning I keep seperate. I keep this should I need to show Ofsted / network coordinators etc, whereas the Learning Journeys go with the child if they leave.

Cathy.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/CathysChildminding
www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com

pinkellifun
28-07-2012, 07:23 PM
I have only just started thinking on this and had planned to keep everything in the same folder under the child's name but in separate dividers then when a child leaves, the LJ bit I would remove and put into a new folder to give to the parents. Not sure if it will work but we shall see....:D

sarah707
29-07-2012, 08:22 AM
I keep everything together - obs, assessments, individual planning, notes about how child has joined in with group planning, parent comments etc.

I have a separate file for my group planning :D