PDA

View Full Version : Is it unreasonable or illegal to demand standing order instead of cash?

pinkbutterfly
27-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm just at the end of my tether with one parent who has never paid on time. Fed up with chasing the money each week. I have been really flexible and understanding but now considering giving notice. Heard all the excuses ... atm wouldn't let her have the money, she didn't get the invoice in her mailbox and didn't know how much she owes, she was ill, on holiday, lost my bank details etc. The child is lovely but why do I have to remind her to be paid each time.
Is it unreasonable or illegal to demand setting up a standing order for the contracted hours with immediate effect?

blue bear
27-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Most f mine ly by standing order, so much easier for everyone.

nikki thomson
27-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm just at the end of my tether with one parent who has never paid on time. Fed up with chasing the money each week. I have been really flexible and understanding but now considering giving notice. Heard all the excuses ... atm wouldn't let her have the money, she didn't get the invoice in her mailbox and didn't know how much she owes, she was ill, on holiday, lost my bank details etc. The child is lovely but why do I have to remind her to be paid each time.
Is it unreasonable or illegal to demand setting up a standing order for the contracted hours with immediate effect?

I know how you feel have had same problem in the past, have to say she did eventually start paying by standing order but still never did it on time when she was on hols was the worse it took forever for her to do it, my stress levels were through the roof especially as she paid weekly and when it was towards the end of the month and were all short on money she never paid me arrrggggg, so frustrating, no easy answer I'm afraid as some people just don't get it no matter how many times you try and explain it to them.
Hope you get it sorted. X

samb
27-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Definitely push for BACS payment. Poor you what a pain. Hope you get it sorted quickly

MAWI
27-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I would insist on fees being paid upfront on a Monday of first day child's with you. No pay, no childcare. I'd let it go the first day but after that I would start saying no childcare tomorrow unless fees are paid. You have the upper hand then ( in theory):)

caz3007
27-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I had similar and insisted on a standing order, they were happy to do it, as I pitched it that I dont like nagging and I knew they didnt like me doing it, so it would be easier all round and we didnt have another problem after that