PDA

View Full Version : eyfs courses??

scottie
11-06-2008, 02:16 PM
hi
i know this might sound daft but can anyone tell me how many courses they have been on and what they were have only been one one and that was for 3hrs to introduce me to eyfs and get the book & cd

have ask at my group and no one seem to know anything but some of you seem to have been on quite a few

sarah707
11-06-2008, 02:46 PM
There's an introduction course - about 2 or 3 hours - opening the pack or something similar...

Then each area sets up it's own courses - mine are 3 x 2 hours in the evenings but some are weekends :D

scottie
12-06-2008, 08:56 PM
There's an introduction course - about 2 or 3 hours - opening the pack or something similar...

Then each area sets up it's own courses - mine are 3 x 2 hours in the evenings but some are weekends :D

THANKS FOR THE INFO WE HAVE HAD NONE OF THAT

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 09:26 AM
First had to attend the Awareness Training called opening the pack.

I did not attend the one aimed at childminders but an earlier timed one aimed at nurseries/preschools. Childminder one was held in a room where they had to sit on child sized chairs and didn't have enough packs for one each just enough for one between two. Says it all really

Then 2 hour trainings on
A Unique Child - not interesting at all adn basically death by powerpoint and could have stayed at home and looked at the card they spent 2 hours going over.

Still have these to do
Positive Relationships
Enabling Environments
Learning and Devlopment

Booked on a 2 hour one on observations next week

I have also done a 2 hour Statutory Requirements one. Highly exciting not and the trainers only got the revisions on the EYFS the day before. So the death by powerpoint was on wrong info as done on the old info. But worse was I had the revisions well over a week before them. I do think that they shoud have been aware the revisions had been out before hand.

i know some areas haev had really good trainings but have to admit most of ours is pretty c:censored: p

bubbly
13-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I did the first part of my training last night: Meeting The Requirements Of The EYFS.

I didn't learn anything I didn't already know but it was good to get together and feel reassured I know how to meet the legal requirements. I think I'm doing everything I need to already. My policies needed a little bit of tweaking but I did that last weekend. Also, I document most things already so I just need to ensure I link everything to the EYFS principles rather than BT3.

I do the two workshops next month over a couple of Saturdays. I'm worried about planning for the baby I mind but hopefully the workshops will give me ideas. It's the WRITTEN planning I find scary. At the moment I plan in my head and then carry it out. Not much emphasis was placed on having it all written down at my meeting last night but I feel I should. At the meeting, emphasis was placed on photographing activities and linking them to the EYFS rather than planning activities months in advance and having that written down.

I don't know what's the right or wrong way but it just seemed to me that evidence for Ofsted was more important than months of written planning :panic:

deeb66
13-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I have done various different courses which have been laid on by Surrey Early Years or Surrey Networks.

I have done/doing:

Introduction (2 hrs) - as Sarah says open the pack, look at it etc.

Development through play (2 hrs) - linked to KUW, PD, PSED, PSRN, CD & CLL

EYFS Training (all day Saturday) - 3 different workshops on Letters & Sounds, Child Development and Observations and Documentation.

Planning & Observation (2 hrs)

Speech & Language (2 hrs)

Further Planning & Assessment (2 hrs) - Due to do that on 24th June.

Understanding the welfare requirements (2 hrs) - due to do that on 2nd July

I also did the Network Conference and did 3 different workshops there too - Supporting boys learning, Speech & talking & fun and play with puppets.

Surrey have definately been very good in providing as much training as they possibly can :clapping: :clapping:

bubbly
13-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Blimey Dee, you're keen :laughing:

I shall know who to ask for advice come Sept :D

Blaze
13-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I have done various different courses which have been laid on by Surrey Early Years or Surrey Networks.

I have done/doing:

Introduction (2 hrs) - as Sarah says open the pack, look at it etc.

Development through play (2 hrs) - linked to KUW, PD, PSED, PSRN, CD & CLL

EYFS Training (all day Saturday) - 3 different workshops on Letters & Sounds, Child Development and Observations and Documentation.

Planning & Observation (2 hrs)

Speech & Language (2 hrs)

Further Planning & Assessment (2 hrs) - Due to do that on 24th June.

Understanding the welfare requirements (2 hrs) - due to do that on 2nd July

I also did the Network Conference and did 3 different workshops there too - Supporting boys learning, Speech & talking & fun and play with puppets.

Surrey have definately been very good in providing as much training as they possibly can :clapping: :clapping:

They're only good if you live in the right parts of Surrey to be able to get to the training!:rolleyes:

deeb66
13-06-2008, 03:25 PM
They're only good if you live in the right parts of Surrey to be able to get to the training!:rolleyes:

Thats not the case T

Most are based all over the County at various different Venues.

The only one on that list that would have been quite difficult for you was the Network Conference but then you came to that.

Blaze
13-06-2008, 03:41 PM
It's not just the venues..it's the timings at the venues...a lot are evening which make it difficult for me to get to...the reason i was at the conference though a long way away was because it was a Saturday...the nearest courses to me are in Redhill 30ish minutes (but rarly any courses there & those that are are often just repeats of what I have already done) & Reigate...30 mins if no traffic but normally takes 45 mins to get there & if it's an evening course costs me £25/£30 (depending on the driver) to get a cab back as FW can't collect as the kids are in bed...sometimes I have to get a cab both ways due to DD's commitments...don't think many people would go to the lengths that i do to attend training!

PS The other factor is uite often different courses that are nearest to me are held on the same day!

deeb66
13-06-2008, 03:43 PM
You know what you need to do T?

You need to learn to drive :D

Blaze
13-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I know i do...it's very frustraating...but with baby 3 on the way..it's had to wait!:rolleyes: