PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspections from Sept 2012

sarah707
27-07-2012, 04:12 PM
The revised Ofsted guidance for inspectors has recently appeared on the Ofsted website.

As I read through the guidance I noted that the inspection criteria have changed.

There will now be 3 main outcomes which will be covered during inspection -

1 - How well you meet the needs of the range of children who attend

2 - How well you contribute to children’s well-being

3 - The leadership and management of the early years provision

I thought it might be helpful for my Continuous Professional Development to reflect on my own provision and how I can show evidence for these new areas… and so an e-book was born!

It is listed on my website as e-book 61 - £3.99.

Thank you! :D

desiderata
27-07-2012, 04:15 PM
ill buy that for myself as an early birthday present then Sarah xx once again thank you for all your hard work , I think you are truly amazing xx

*Katrina*
27-07-2012, 04:32 PM
ill buy that for myself as an early birthday present then Sarah xx once again thank you for all your hard work , I think you are truly amazing xx

I couldn't put it any better! :clapping:

funemnx
27-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Ditto to that! Mine was due last Jan/Feb so hopefully it won't be too long to wait! EEEKKKK!!!! :eek:

sarah707
07-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I am being asked by a number of childminders about the new inspection outcomes and how they will affect everyone.

I have just answered a childminder elsewhere who asked me why her local authority are scaring her by saying the inspection bar has been raised...

If you read through the Ofsted document -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/conducting-early-years-inspections

You will see that the descriptors for good are quite a lot higher than they have been previously in some areas... and that a grade of good is the basline from which inspectors will work.

So instead of saying - 'this provision is satisfactory and that's fine' they are asking themselves whether you are good enough to be graded good.

There are other bits and bobs which are new / different / specified as well - for example, they are looking at 'educational programmes' and how they benefit the children, evidence of children making good or outstanding progress, how you teach about health and bodily awareness (goodness only knows what age group they will relate that one to!!), action plans for the future as part of self evaluation... etc.

These types of evidence will need to be provided as standard - although you will say to me that some of them are not specified in the EYFS they do form part of the expectations for inspection outcomes.

I hope that helps to clarify some of the changes. If you need any further help of course the forum is the place to come :D

sharonmanc
07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
well i just got the call, I will be having first inspection by the end of the month, so I am off to buy it now and the sef one :thumbsup:

Not lookign forward to this inspection at all

sharonmanc
07-09-2012, 05:21 PM
cant find it :(

sarah707
08-09-2012, 07:09 AM
cant find it :(

What can't you find Sharon?

It's on my www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk website - 2nd e-book page and scroll down.

Any problems please email me and I can send you a PayPal money request.

Chat soon :D

sharonmanc
17-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks Sarah, I have found it now, just bought it along with the SEF one, cant wait to get it, ha ha , how sad do I sound, my life evolves around policies and risk assessments at the moment :blush: