PDA

View Full Version : All this variation malarky!

JCrakers
27-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I can't get my head around the variation way of thinking and rationing. I have a vacancy 2 days a week and am finding it very hard to fill because parents want 3 or 4 days.

What I don't understand is the difference between a child that has been attending for a while or a sibling and new business.
Some minders have 4-5 EY children because of siblings etc but I can only have 3 EY because they dont have any siblings but if I want to take on a new child then I cant.

I had an enquiry the other day for 4 days a week, I only have 2 days free but a variation for two days would have meant I could have accepted the child. If it had been a sibling i could have said yes.

Its all very bizzarre. :rolleyes: A new child and a sibling is exactly the same work for me. No difference in RA or space/items needed.

Totally pointless post but Hey Ho :D

sarah707
27-07-2012, 01:37 PM
It's the difference between changing conditions of registration in exceptional circumstances such as having a little flexibility built into the rules to allow continuity of care...

And taking on an extra child to earn more money.

Does that make more sense? :D

Pandypops
27-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Does it mean I have to give notice to the children I already have a variation for? I have 4 EY children every day (who aren't siblings) and I simply couldn't suddenly turn round to the parents and explain that I have to choose to drop one of them each day. :panic::panic:

sarah707
27-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Does it mean I have to give notice to the children I already have a variation for? I have 4 EY children every day (who aren't siblings) and I simply couldn't suddenly turn round to the parents and explain that I have to choose to drop one of them each day. :panic::panic:

No absolutely not!

Any current variations can stay as they are until those children leave or grow out of the age-group.

Then if you need to change conditions of registration yourself in the future you will need to go through the risk assessment / speaking to parents process for them.

Hth :D

mushpea
27-07-2012, 06:56 PM
its also the fact that you know the children well who are already in your care meaning it should make it a bit easier in looking after them.
I have had to turn buisness away as I dont have enough days .
my cdo said today she thought it included new busisness too but I dont read it that way.