PDA

View Full Version : Sand pit sand...

lisa1968
27-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Did you know......kiln dried sand from builders merchants ie Wickes is the same as sandpit sand-and cheaper.
Hubby got 3 bags yesterday that had split,so got them for £2 each and they have 25kg in-most sand pit sand bags only have 10 or 15.
..pass it on...:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
27-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks for that, I did know because that is how my dad and grandpa used to fill our sand pits.

The one at Grandma and Grandpas was fab it was an old pond that they drained and put sand in because they thought that was safer for their grandchildren.

Dad made us one out of old bomb cases!!! Giving my age away :laughing:

When I was 18 mth to 3 my 'paddling pool' was an old tin bath!

CH1957
27-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks for that, I did know because that is how my dad and grandpa used to fill our sand pits.

The one at Grandma and Grandpas was fab it was an old pond that they drained and put sand in because they thought that was safer for their grandchildren.

Dad made us one out of old bomb cases!!! Giving my age away :laughing:

When I was 18 mth to 3 my 'paddling pool' was an old tin bath!

We must be from the same era RS, we used to have a bath in front of the fire in an old tin bath at my Grans :D

hectors house
27-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I just use normal builders sand - it makes much better sandcastles than play sand and I don't freak about the cost everytime they tip in down the drain, fill in the cracks in the patio or dump it on the garden. Also because it is heavier it doesn't blow away in the wind.

jumping j
27-07-2012, 02:53 PM
my dad used an old tractor wheel and builders sand for us :laughing:
trying to get one for myself now, much better than a normal sandpit

cathtee
27-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks, need some new sand something got in under lid and yuk!!! think it was snail as lo found one when she took lid off.

PixiePetal
27-07-2012, 07:22 PM
my dad used an old tractor wheel and builders sand for us :laughing:
trying to get one for myself now, much better than a normal sandpit

tractor tyres are one thing I can get - on our farm :D BUT..........I hate sand at home. Belongs on the beach and not near my house :laughing: