PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your paperwork

janminder
27-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Trying to sort out paperwork, its going back years and years. I have paperwork in A4 folders, those lockable file cases, box files. Some files pushed behind armchair, others taking up wardrobe space. Was wondering has anybody used those vacuum bag thingys to store paperwork does paperwork squash down like using them for fabric because I could store outiside in locked shed.

Have been minding a looooong time, on another note was looking back at photos and have photos of a child sitting in a highchair eating, playing on the floor who I cant remember, I dont just mean their name I cant remember child at all.

sarah707
27-07-2012, 03:22 PM
So why not just shred it and throw it away!!! You only need to keep medical and attendance records - You don't need to keep anything else!

That's not completely correct.

A child can bring a claim against you until they are 21 years and 3 months old.

The claim might relate to safeguarding, medication administration, accidents, incidents witnessed while with you etc.

It is strongly recommended by insurance companies that you keep any documentation that might be used in the future as evidence in case of claim.

This might include attendance registers, medication administration documents, accident and incident records, info you have written up about the child - concerns etc.

You should also keep copies of your contracts in case of query.

Definitely shred photos you are not supposed to have those any more - data protection / safeguarding. You should also shred any learning and development info you don't need that - it should be handed over to parents when the child leaves.

Hth :D