PDA

View Full Version : Painting on the house

jadavi
27-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Wanted to share a lovely new activity started today.
We have an extension on our kitchen with red brick exterior in our garden that is not very attractive so decided to use it for an ongoing free style painting collage.
Armed with paint rollers sponges brushes all colours we had huge fun today including hand prints and the result is fantastic!
Made even better by the fact that The Eyps assessor was there too and loved it!
It will look interesting after rain so will be an ever changing wall!
Would attach a photo but I don't want to run risk of my location being recognised

jadavi
27-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Just bumping as posted this in the small weehours and it passed under the radar!

smurfette
27-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh that sounds fab, and great timing With the Eyps assessor! Would love to do this!

Chimps Childminding
27-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Sounds great fun!!! My DH would have a fit, he's bad enough when I let them chalk on the slabed patio in the garden :angry:

cathtee
27-07-2012, 07:40 PM
How lovely, but just imagine lo's parents faces if their dlo do it on their wall at home either inside or out:panic: I know one of my lo's would have enough devilment in her to do it:D

jadavi
28-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Haha good point. Well we sort of covered that when they started heading for the garden chairs and other equipment with their rollers!! So yes they know it is a special wall but doesn't give license to splash everywhere :)

rickysmiths
28-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Gosh it sounds like a nightmare to me.

I had a big extension built around the back and side of my house two years ago. I can't imagine ever letting the mindees paint on the new brick walls. How on earth do you clean it?

Sorry to be a party pooper and all that but I live in my house all the time and don't want messy painted walls to look at when the mindees have gone home.

Never mind the reduction in value if |I ever want to sell :eek:

Wheelybug
28-07-2012, 01:43 PM
It sounds like a lovely experience for the children, but I wouldn't fancy doing it in my own home either, and as for hubbie, I can get away with most things but think he would draw the line at this! He hates it if the children chalk on the side of the house (my own children I might add) as apparently it soaks into the brick and you can't get it off. You must have a very understanding hubbie:)
Cathy
www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/CathysChildminding

gegele
28-07-2012, 05:46 PM
what paint do you use? poster paint?

i have a long brick wall and was thinking of asking hubby to make like a big wooden frame in middle so it would look like a painting and have kiddies to make a painting but i want to be able to change it:idea:

jadavi
28-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Its just the childrens paint in squidgy bottles from school supplies. It washes off the table OK so I'm sure it'll come off with the rain. It can always be painted over. My idea was an ongoing montage. The children found it very liberating and so did we!

Bluebell
28-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I LOVE this - we were just having the very same conversation this week about our back yard. We have a concrete patio which is quite ugly and I have always wanted to let the kids loose with foot prints and so on but never quite got round to it. We also have 1 side half fence and half the neighbours wall of her house as our house is set back from hers. The bottom of it is painted black and is quite ugly - we were trying to work out if we were allowed to paint her wall?! We thought about putting blackboard paint on it so the kids could chalk on it.
Fab idea!!

jadavi
29-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Thanks hope it works out. We love the huge splash of colour as we walk in the back gate but I apprec it might not be to everyone's taste :)