PDA

View Full Version : Late/ non payment on time

jadavi
27-07-2012, 02:30 AM
Once again I am having a mindee today who has not paid for his session today despite promises all week. I would simply hate to refuse to have him and be confrontational but could I say I am not insured to have him if fees have not been paid?
The other thing she has done twice is try to say that her last fees included more days.... Each time I just stared at her and she backed down.
She refuses to do a monthly dd.

Wendybird
27-07-2012, 05:49 AM
I had this with a parent. Eventually I just said no money no childcare and she had to pay in cash. Thought there was no way around it, but she then brought part-payment and said she would bring the rest when she picked up - excuses, excuses. After that I gave notice as I could see that she was chronically bad with money and I didn't fancy begging for my fees and being lied to on a regular basis.

As to what you should do, it depends on what you have said to her and what is in your contract. I wouldn't lie about insurance, you just need to put on your business hat and man up! ;) If it is in your contract that you won't provide care if no payment then turn away at the door. She will be annoyed, but you will have sent a very clear message. Or you could take him today and give her a letter tonight saying that from here on out you will not accept late payment. No money no care! Are you hitting her with late fees?

Sorry about this. It is awful when you have a parent like this, life is just too short to try to work with people who don't understand that you need and deserve to be paid for your services!

madmamma
27-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Why are you feeling guilty about a parent not fulfilling their side of an agreed contact?
You don't need to lie - just refer to your contract and policies and point out that she signed an agreement to pay you on time, she has failed to do so and until her fees are brought up to date you are unable to take her child.

Parents can only get away with non payment if you let them ;)

pipandbaz
21-08-2012, 03:46 PM
So if parent owes me money and I've been waiting for 3 days for it, I am ok to refuse care tomorrow morning or do I need to provide written warning first?
I'm with ncma contracts

Jayse74
21-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Stick to your policies, it is the whole reason we need them! If we do not stick our business head on then we might of end up out of pocket big time.

The Juggler
21-08-2012, 05:09 PM
be strong, we are behind you. Ring her tonight. Tell her the last fees were correct for the care provided and you can provide invoices to prove that if she wants.

Tell her until she pays up to date and a week in advance you will not take him again so she needs to do that now or late fees will start being added each time it's late/underpaid.

you CAN do it!

hectors house
22-08-2012, 07:16 AM
You could ask her to write you 4 post dated signed cheques (each month) and then you give her the bill, fill in the amount, then give her receipt - unless you think cheques will bounce.

I used to have to ask for post dated cheques from one family as mum would bring in morning and didn't have cheque book, then dad would collect in afternoon and he didn't have cheque book either! We were only 5 mins drive to a cash machine.