PDA

View Full Version : Should I put ofsted off until we've finished decorating?

MrsP2C
26-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I've just picked up a voicemail from ofsted wanting to book their visit which is much quicker than I thought as we're still in the midst of fairly major redecoration - should I put her off for a few weeks & say I'm about to go on holiday? The stairs, landing & living room are stripped of wallpaper (so no hand rail or stair gates up), where we've had new electrics channelled out it needs replastering & all the carpets are up so it looks really awful!

I know you don't need everything to be in place & will obviously explain what will be done but I'm worried it will be very off-putting & jeopardise my registration. Any thoughts?

Bridey
26-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Youre not registered yet? I would ring Ofsted and explain the exact situation and see what they say. They may still be happy to come round and you can tell them all the things you are doing to make the house ready for childminding but they may want to wait, or come back when you have finished.

MrsP2C
26-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Youre not registered yet? I would ring Ofsted and explain the exact situation and see what they say. They may still be happy to come round and you can tell them all the things you are doing to make the house ready for childminding but they may want to wait, or come back when you have finished.

Not yet this is for my pre-reg visit - I asked likely wait time before submitting my application and was told due to a back-log earliest end of August more likely September by which time we should be almost at the end of works & as I'm keen to get registered as soon as possible I took the risk :eek:

Bridey
26-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I would ring them and ask in that case. They may be fine to still come over and there is not point pretending to be on holiday and delaying it if there is no need :)

MrsP2C
26-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I would ring them and ask in that case. They may be fine to still come over and there is not point pretending to be on holiday and delaying it if there is no need :)

Thank you I hadn't considered calling so will do now - I was just worried as I'd never dream of meeting a prospective parent with my house like this & wondered if they look with the same thought in mind:panic:).

Rebecca Foster
27-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I would just ring ofsted and expain the situation to :)