PDA

View Full Version : Bit of advice please

chez1373
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi All,

Im in a pickle people....
A few weeks ago parents came and signed contracts for two children mon-fri before and after school she was goin through interviews for a job and didnt give me a start date she said it would be two weeks max. well its been three weeks and i have asked her for a retainer for the childrens places and when i phone her to see if she has sorted things out she says she is really busy and will phone back but she didnt phone and ive not seen any of the retainer money and im a bit worried im being taken for a ride and if i turn anyone away i will regret it but if i take on anymore children and they turn up i want have space??

Its a lot of money to turn away if she does arrive one day...

ARGHHHHH

deeb66
11-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I would contact her again (in writing) and advise her that you have held the place for 3 weeks which is more than you agreed and that unless she pays you a retainer and gives a start date then you will have no choice but to terminate the contract with immediate effect.

To soften the letter you could explain that you are turning away potential clients and that you are loosing money.

In your letter give her a fixed date that you must recieve monies by and if she doesn't pay you then start looking for and seeing other people.

HTH

Blaze
11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Great advice given by Dee.:thumbsup:

chez1373
11-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I would contact her again (in writing) and advise her that you have held the place for 3 weeks which is more than you agreed and that unless she pays you a retainer and gives a start date then you will have no choice but to terminate the contract with immediate effect.

To soften the letter you could explain that you are turning away potential clients and that you are loosing money.

In your letter give her a fixed date that you must recieve monies by and if she doesn't pay you then start looking for and seeing other people.

HTH

I have sent her a letter say just that and i didnt even get a phone call or text nothing so when i phoned her to ask if she got the letter she just said oh yes my husband had said something about a letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had a deadline date on for Moneys but nothin has come of it i think she is playin me for a fool..

deeb66
11-06-2008, 01:35 PM
It definately sounds like it. :( :angry:

I would send her another letter telling her that as you have had no response and no money the contract is hereby terminated with immediate effect.

You need to start advertising your vacancy again :(

Some people really are so inconsiderate and rude!!!!!

Blaze
11-06-2008, 01:39 PM
It definately sounds like it. :( :angry:

I would send her another letter telling her that as you have had no response and no money the contract is hereby terminated with immediate effect.

You need to start advertising your vacancy again :(

Some people really are so inconsiderate and rude!!!!!

I agree unfortunately!:( :angry:

Still you could look on it as a lucky escape!;) :)

Pipsqueak
11-06-2008, 01:51 PM
AGree with whats been said by Dee already.

sarah707
11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Thing is... you're holding on to a space for her now when you should be advertising...

She's clearly not wanting to tell you she's decided on somewhere else or she's just so disorganised if you took her on you'd never get paid anyway!!

Move on and mark it up to experience :(

chez1373
11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree totally i shall write up a letter and het it sent in the morning...
Thanks all
Dont think id still be minding if it wasnt for you all on here xx

katickles
11-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry that this parents done this, but you have had some great advice from the others & I do agree with what Dee & Sarah have said.

Its such a shame its not worked out but hay if she won't pay now imagine what she'd have been like when she needed to pay normally!

:)

ruby
11-06-2008, 03:36 PM
i agree with the others she is messing you about

start advertising again

if this is how she is now then i think you would only have had problems with her later on

cathy

Wendy Woo
11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
i fully agree with the others.
she is clearly not worth waitin for especially wen u can be earning with others

angeldelight
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh what a shame

You just wonder why some people are like this

She is showing you no respect at all by ignoring the letter you sent her already

I dont think I would want to work for someone like that anyway

Sounds like you have had a lucky escape

Hope something else comes along soon

Great advice from Dee

Angel xx

tulip0803
11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree - I think you would be better off without her:( . Re-advertise quickly:)

jaja
13-06-2008, 01:47 PM
people like that do my head in, i had one recently, she came three weeks ago, def wanted space 5 days a week and would phone to arrange first date, well i rang and nana said she was out so i phoned again, then got email saying she wasnt needed childcare at all now because nana would do it. Unfortunatly people seem to becoming more and more ignorant to others which is horrible bacuse i`d never do that to someone yet they feel ok to do it to me!!!:angry:

chez1373
13-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi all upsate for u..

sent the termination of contract as of now blah blah b;lah
not heard anything tho.....

deeb66
13-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't think you will.

Best thing to do would be to forget about her and start actively looking for other clients.

Hope the phone starts ringing soon

chez1373
13-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Ive updated the Info service website so lets hope and see thanks again all xx

Lottie
13-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I agree that it sounds like she was messing you around. I don't understand why some people don't have the decency to just call and say sorry but no. However hard that is to hear it's far better than being left dangling!!

I hope you find some really great parents soon! xx