PDA

View Full Version : Policies...nat standards/EYFS

SimplyLucy
11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
All my polices refer to the National Standards, to the point that they have references to the standards in them.

I'll need to re-write them for September because the National Standards will be out of date. My polices will basically be the same, just without the references.

Should I give all current parents the new policies to sign, even thought they'll basically be the same?

I'm thinking I probably will have to, therefore I might as well re-write them now :rolleyes:

deeb66
11-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I personally think it would be a good idea to get parents to sign to say they have seen them.

Now is as good a time as any to review and amend all policies as you will be killing 2 birds with 1 stone as it were :)

SimplyLucy
11-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Do I leave the original date on them and add a reviewed/amended date?

Pipsqueak
11-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I have just revised all mine with references back to EYFS. :rolleyes:

sarah707
11-06-2008, 02:41 PM
I'll be doing mine soon -

I intend to write some new ones to meet with the eyfs new bits and bobs, so I'll be running them all past parents and asking them to sign to say they've seen etc in September :D

bubbly
11-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I spent last Sunday re-writing mine. I had to write a couple of new ones (smoking & medicines policies), which I didn't have before. They're both mentioned in the EYFS booklets so I had to get them done.

I'll give copies to my parents in Sept and explain I need new signatures due to the EYFS kicking in.