PDA

View Full Version : Lisa's Diet Diary

FizzysFriends
11-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Well I have started the prep for my diet, I have started drinking 2L of water a day, stopped the juices and am cutting down on carbs.

I am going to see the Cambridge Diet counseller tomorrow morning to get my supplies.

deeb66
11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Good luck Lisa

Don't forget to let us know how you get on

nell57
11-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Good luck hun we're here if you need us

Helen

miffy
11-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Good luck

miffy xx

angeldelight
11-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Good luck Lisa keep us posted and hope it suits you like it does Dee

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
12-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone.

I have been for my first appointment and weigh in. I have enough soups/shakes for a week and have to go back next Thursday get weighed.

I was going to start tomorrow but as I didn't have breakfast this morning and I had some shake whilst I was there (to see if it made me sick) Im now going to start now.

FizzysFriends
12-06-2008, 07:08 PM
OMG Im really hungry!!!

deeb66
13-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Sorry Lisa I have only just seen this otherwise I would have replied sooner.

How are you feeling now?

Are you sure it was actual physical hunger or was it emotional hunger?

If ever you feel hungry again the best thing to do is to drink loads and loads of water as quickly as you can and that helps to fill the stomach up so you don't feel empty anymore.

Trust me....by day 3 or 4 you will not feel physically hungry anymore because the Ketosis would have kicked in which is a natural appertite suppresant.

Keep strong.....it will get easier I promise but unfortunately it will also get a little harder before it gets easier.

I am popping in and out of here most of the day but if I am in the house I usually have my email signed in so if you need any support then send me a PM and I will get a copy via email and will help.

As I said......stay strong.

It is worth it in the end :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
13-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Im ok today, I can't have been that hungry because I forgot to have my shake at lunchtime so Im doing to have it for supper.

I was warned that day 3 is the worst, was it with you?

deeb66
13-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Im ok today, I can't have been that hungry because I forgot to have my shake at lunchtime so Im doing to have it for supper.

I was warned that day 3 is the worst, was it with you?

I quite often do that but end up having to have it in the evening.......I have on occassions mixed up 2 and drank them at the same time.

No matter how you have them you must have the 3 everyday otherwise you won't be getting the necessary nutrients and vitamins.

Yes.....day 3 is definately the worst of the lot......I felt absolutely horrible and wondered what the hell I was doing!

Day 4 gets better, day 5 is even better and so on.

FizzysFriends
13-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I may move tomorrows plans to Sunday then so I can stay home tomorrow as its day 3.

So far I have non of the things that she said will happen so hope I get them all at once tomorrow.

deeb66
14-06-2008, 09:07 AM
How are you feeling today Lisa?

I hope you are ok.

FizzysFriends
14-06-2008, 09:16 AM
I feel ok, not at all as bad as I thought, my feel a little icky but I thats because Im drinking way more water then usual. We are going out to get some fresh air today and an early night tonight I think as im really tired, the dog we are dog sitting kept barking and waking me up.

FizzysFriends
19-06-2008, 08:40 AM
:update:
I went for me weigh in this morning and I have lost 11lbs this week :clapping:

deeb66
20-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Lisa that is fantastic news.

I am really pleased for you.

It feels really good to loose that amount of weight doesn't it.

How are you feeling now?

Are you much better?

I know you had a bit of a tough week last week but you pulled through it and done it.

You should be really proud of yourself

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

FizzysFriends
20-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks.

I feel good now. I dont actually feel as though I have lost much at all, I think its more because I have got to this weight lots of times on other diets. Hopefully over the next few weeks I have broken through that level I have reached before and will feel I have acheived something.

deeb66
21-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I am sure you will Lisa.

Don't forget you can always contact me should you need me.......

I know I haven't been around much in last couple of days but hope to be around a bit more next week :thumbsup:

miffy
21-06-2008, 05:19 PM
:update:
I went for me weigh in this morning and I have lost 11lbs this week :clapping:

Oh well done you - that's amazing!!

Keep at it :)

miffy xx

Tily Bud
22-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Thats a fantastic weight loss Lisa xx Keep up the good work x

FizzysFriends
22-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Thats a fantastic weight loss Lisa xx Keep up the good work x

Thanks. I don't think I have done any where near that well this week but any loss is a loss so will be pleased with anything.

FizzysFriends
26-06-2008, 08:55 AM
:update: This week I have lost 5lbs, which makes a total of 16lbs in 2 weeks. Im going to start exercising this week so hope that helps.

Tily Bud
26-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Thats Great Lisa !!! :clapping:

FizzysFriends
26-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks Tily. My trousers nearly fell down today, I was well pleased, lol

deeb66
26-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Well done Lisa

I am really pleased for you.

Keep up the good work.

FizzysFriends
02-07-2008, 09:33 AM
:update: I had to go to weigh in a day early this week and I disappointingly (SP) only lost 3lbs. Makes it 19lbs in total.

Im hoping for a bigger loss next week.

angeldelight
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow that is brilliant well done

Angel xx

deeb66
03-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Well done Lisa

That is still an excellent loss so try not to be too disappointed.

The weight is still coming off at the rate of knots!

Well done

deeb66
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
How is it going Lisa?

Are you still staying strong?

FizzysFriends
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I haven't cheated but Im really missing food and if I had anything in the house that isn't Lauren's I would be eating it.

I think may be part of it is im disappointed in the weigh in Wednesday and also I don't feel or look any different yet so there is no motivation there.

On the plus side we have a busy weekend so hope it takes my mind off it.

Im doing quite a bit of exercise so I dont know if that is making me want food?

deeb66
07-07-2008, 07:23 AM
You shouldn't feel disappointed.

You have lost 19lbs in such a short space of time.........that is nearly 1 1/2 stone!

There will be weeks when you loose a little less but to be honest 3lb is still an impressive weight loss.

If you were on a conventional diet then you would be lucky to loose anything at all considering what you had done already in a short space of time.

I know that you want to see the weight fall off faster than that but you need to give your body a bit of a chance to catch up.

You also had to weigh in a day earlier this week so instead of 7 days it was 6.........on the up side.....this week you will have 8 days between weigh in's!

About missing food.....this is the really difficult bit and I really struggled with this too but you need to stay strong and not give in to the cravings and urges.

If you look back in my diary you will see that I spent weeks struggling and craving for a cheese sandwich (Carol (Charleyfarley) very nicely agreed to eat it for me :laughing: ) but you have to ignore those cravings and eventually they will go away.

If you give in and eat then the cravings will continue and it will be harder to say 'no' the next time.

Stay strong Lisa......don't give in.......it s worth it all in the end.

FizzysFriends
07-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I didn't give in and the feeling have gone for now.

But, I haven't lost anything since Wednesday :mad: Because all the changes happened at the same time I dont know which one is responsible. I added bars, increased exercise to 45 mins a day and TOTM.

deeb66
08-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I think it is more than likely the increase in exercise and TOTM.

The exercise helps to build muscle which is fab but unfortunately muscle weighs more than fat so initially it will seem like you are not loosing weight but of course your shape and appearance will be greatly improved.

After a week or so the weight will start coming off again as muscle burns fat faster so it is definately beneficial to continue with the exercise.

I don't need to tell you about the effects of TOTM as you already know that your body automatically retains water which surprisingly can weigh quite a bit.

The other thing you really need to be careful of is weighing yourself too often on your home scales.

I used to jump on the scales quite a lot as curiosity got the better of me but I found that it did me no favours what so ever.......it just ended up making me paranoid and made me feel deflated.

I made the decision not to use my scales at home and only get weighed on my councillors scales each week.

Well done for staying strong........keep up the good work

FizzysFriends
08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Well my cdc said that the exercise could be putting my body into starvation so holding onto the fat instead of burning it?

She also said the bars can sometimes stop you loosing.

I have weigh in on Thursday so will let you know.

deeb66
08-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Have to say that my CDC has a different view on exercise.

As long as you are not working yourself too hard it really shouldn't be a problem.

Don't really know too much about the bars as only just started having them myself...........

When I come back from holiday I will definately be giving the bars a miss as they are not my favourite!!

FizzysFriends
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
:update: I lost 5lbs this week, well I had to lose a decent amount didn't I, just to prove the exercise Im going isn't slowing me down.

Right, off to set up my new wii fit now.

crazybones
10-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Fantastic Lisa. :clapping: :clapping: well done. :clapping:

FizzysFriends
10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks Annie. It means I have lost 24lbs in 4 weeks. But my trousers keep falling down because my belts dont go small enough :blush:

angeldelight
11-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Well done

Wish my trousers fell down ha

Angel xx

deeb66
12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Well done Lisa

You are doing really well

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
17-07-2008, 12:01 PM
:update: Been to my WI this morning and have lost another 4lbs, making 2st in 5 weeks.

Target next week is 5lbs!

FizzysFriends
25-07-2008, 10:33 AM
:update: I lost 4lbs this week. Now lost 32 lbs

angeldelight
25-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Yippie well done that is great

Keep up the good work

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
31-07-2008, 02:39 PM
:update: I lost another 4lbs this week, making a total of 2st 8lbs

miffy
31-07-2008, 02:53 PM
That's amazing - congratulations and well done :clapping:

Have you got a belt for your trousers or did you just buy some new trousers :laughing:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

FizzysFriends
31-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I bought new trousers as when I walked up the stairs at work with my belt on the smallest it will go they nearly fell to my ankles!! :blush:

New trousers are 2 sizes smaller

miffy
31-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I bought new trousers as when I walked up the stairs at work with my belt on the smallest it will go they nearly fell to my ankles!! :blush:

New trousers are 2 sizes smaller

That must be such a good feeling - I mean buying trousers 2 sizes smaller not having them fall round your ankles :laughing:

Enjoy the new you :)

Miffy xx

deeb66
07-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Lisa that is fantastic news.

As you know I have been on holiday so haven't been around but I did wonder how you were doing.

Well done......keep up the good work :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks Dee. Hope you had a nice holiday?

I have a WI this evening and hope for another 4lbs.

Unfortunatly I think im going to have to come off CD in a week or 2 as I can't afford it and I can get a months shopping for what I spend a week on CD. Im going to put some bits on ebay today and try and fund it that way as will be gutted to come off it. Shame I can't get it on the NHS.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Well done Lisa

I started the diet 4 weeks ago and it certainly works. You only need willpower to get through the first week and then when you see the results, wow it keeps you going.

Congratulations

Debbie :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

FizzysFriends
08-08-2008, 09:53 AM
How are youe losses going Debbie? Im in about week 8 now and would like to stay on SS until October but trying to fund it is a problem at the moment.

FizzysFriends
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
:update: I lost 4lbs again this week, it seems to be the magic number for me.

40lbs on total

deeb66
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Fantastic news Lisa.

Well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You are doing so well.

This is not something I would usually recommend and certainly Cambridge doesn't recommend it either but this might be a solution for you.

Have you tried buying your products from Ebay..........sometimes you can get hold of them pretty cheap and at other times they go for ridiculous prices.

The only problem with doing it this way is that you won't have a Counsellor for advice or to keep an eye on you and how you are doing.

I certainly wouldn't recommend that you did it on your own for too long.

FizzysFriends
09-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I do look on ebay but they take off the english products when they are put on as they are banned. There is one lot on there at the moment but they are more than I pay at the moment.

When I start minding I will be fine and in the mean time im going to try my hardest to fund it from selling on ebay and selling Usbourne books. Will be taking it week by week.

FizzysFriends
15-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Well I lost 3lbs this week, 1lb short of what I wanted but I will be back on track next week.

43 lbs in total (thats my daughter nearly)

deeb66
20-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Well done Lisa

You are doing so well.

mimo
20-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Thats an fantastic weight loss keep it up your an insperation:clapping: