PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

melco
25-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Anyone know what they are doing today and can give me some ideas?

I have an 8 month old and 18 month old mindees today and my own 5 & 8 year old children.

My children moaned they were bored yesterday and its only week one. If it wasn't soo hot I might have had a picnic in park.

Any ideas?

marnieb
25-07-2012, 07:13 AM
yes, I need some ideas as well!!!! Even too hot to play in the garden here yesterday, we watched Tangled, make biccies and did painting, so no idea what to do today!!!!!

AliceK
25-07-2012, 07:18 AM
I have got lots of things in my mind to do these holidays, nothing special just things like painting, crafts, baking, walks to the woods, lake etc. We did a nature hunt in the woods last year which went down well. I can't usually stand being in all day however with the glorious weather we have at the moment we've stayed at home and the children have been mainly playing in the garden. They've taken lots of the usual toys outside, have loved playing in the water tables with the toy cars / cups, saucepans etc and none of us have felt the need to go anywhere. When the weather turns (as I'm sure it will) we will do the other stuff. Have you asked your children if they are bored what they would like to do? I must admit I was dreading the school holidays but so far it's been fab and it helps that I'm off on hols next week :clapping:

xxx

angeldelight
25-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Anyone know what they are doing today and can give me some ideas?

I have an 8 month old and 18 month old mindees today and my own 5 & 8 year old children.

My children moaned they were bored yesterday and its only week one. If it wasn't soo hot I might have had a picnic in park.

Any ideas?

Get them to wash all the outdoor toys with warm water with lots of bubbles.
The 8 month old can have a splash

Then have a picnic in the garden

Ask the children what games they like,ask for ideas from them.

Have fun and let them play together too using their own imagination.

My children played for hours yesterday with a large blanket over the slide to form a den....well a police station so I'm told.....they used the bikes rushing around after each other arresting pretend people :laughing::laughing:

Angel xx

melco
25-07-2012, 07:31 AM
My girls want to go to the park but I just feel its too hot for the little ones.

They are ok with staying in but don' want to do any crafty stuff. I know they would be happy with a DVD but am a little worried about what to do with the little ones.

I normallly have childminder drop in today!!

melco
25-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Just noticed the idea about the bowl of water and washing the toys,my girls like the idea too!! Thanks!!

kel1983
25-07-2012, 08:23 AM
We had water tray out with boats and buckets of water and paintbrushes. They "painted" the wall and playhouse :clapping:

Today we have too many to fit in the car so heading to the park with picnic, suncream and hats. Meeting up with my sister and her children so they have someone different to play with. Ours are ok at the moment. The older ones are getting along really nicely and are making up there own game.

Next week we are having mini olymics. Got to make a podium and medals

Vickster
25-07-2012, 01:08 PM
The park is fine if there are trees, to put the blankets under, we took balls and bubbles yesterday. We have the water table full, the paddling pool. Lego out on the table for the older ones, pavement chalks, paintbrushes and water. but mainly just getting wet! Downtime is 1-2.30 when a film goes on.

Tazmin68
25-07-2012, 03:38 PM
We are doing the following big outings
Birmingham nature cente £2 per child over 5
Sealife centre works out £7 using Bogof vouchers
Safari park works out £6.50 using discount codes and free return visit
Bird land £6 using vouchers
Sandwell country park and farm £1.50
Heart of England park and beach £7 using Bogof vouchers
We have 5 lots of s&p sessions at a children's centre which is £2 each
Plus free activities at library and trips to parks
Debbie