PDA

View Full Version : Sorry this may of been asked before

Dragonfly
24-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I missed my course The Revised EYFS as I was unwell, and apparently the next nearest next one (12 miles away) is when I am on holiday:(. Is it mandatory we go on the course? I asked if I could get somebody official out to go through it with me and was told this was a one way of doing it (was also told I could get someone that has been on the course to come to my house to go through with me.When I asked if I would get marked down from not going on the course the gentleman replied 'I dont know!' neither do I:( do you guys?

sarah707
24-07-2012, 08:09 PM
It is not a requirement of the EYFS to attend a course about the EYFS.

The only required courses in the EYFS are safeguarding and first aid.

It is one of the descriptors in the guidance for inspections to check whether we engage in continuous professional development and how we use it to improve our provision.

Some local authorities are making attendance a condition of being on the network.

Hth :D

Dragonfly
24-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Thank you Sarah its not because I dont want to go on a course its actually not being able to. I have been so worried nobody gives you a clear answer.I knew about the safeguarding and first aid, thank you so much for your help.

PixiePetal
24-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I haven't been able to book on one either :rolleyes: first lot of briefings were full straight away at the location I could get to with a friend (I don't drive)

they put more on for weekdays when I am working and weekends when I am busy and some are 30 miles away - hopeless when I don't drive and don't have great public transport. :rolleyes:

I am getting my information from the forum for now, have ordered the documents from NCMA and reading whatever I can

blue bear
25-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I never went on the 2008 one, they were only three in our county all run on a Wednesday night, the night I ran cubs.
Anyway, when the inspector came, she said it was probably a good job I hadn't been able to go as I was much more upto date and understood the eyfs better than any of the minders she had visited who had been on the course.
(to be honest our course are not up to much) the forum is a much better at delivering imformation.

Dragonfly
25-07-2012, 07:14 AM
The other childminders (all but one) that attend the local childminding group said the courses they went on were hopeless.I will have to gather as much info as I can and get another childminder to come and go through it.I dont think it is fair we have to travel so far when there are so many childminders here locally. maybe more courses will appear in the next few weeks after my holiday!

The forum is the best for info and Sarah of course:)