PDA

View Full Version : How do I deal with a "one off"?

stargazer1
24-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Just been asked by my mum's neighbour's son (if you can catch that!) if I can have his daughter Thursday from 2-7. He doesnt live in the area, is just staying for a week with his parents and has a job interview and no-one to watch his 7 year old. Its fine with me as I will be within my numbers on Thursday. How do I go about it paperwork-wise? As it will only be a one off and only for 5 hours total, maybe less, do I need to complete a contract? Seems a bit daft to be honest but not sure what I need to do to keep myself covered. Have given dad "all about me" form to complete so I will have a note of any allergies, contact numbers, likes, dislikes etc. But not quite sure if I should go the whole hog to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance lovely people! :)

appleblossom
24-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I would just do a short term contract with just the required hours and date on it. The ones I use have space for emergency contacts and any other info you would need, but are just one page.

HTH

funemnx
24-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I would just fill out an information form, like you say allergies, contacts and so on :thumbsup:

Mouse
24-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I make up my own form. It's got all the child info on it plus permissions for medical treatment, playing on large outdoor equipment, photos etc (just chose the permissions that are relevant to the child).

Basically look at a standard contract and take the bits that are needed for one off care.

manjay
24-07-2012, 01:17 PM
You are in Wales so it is a legal requirement to have a contract even for this short placement. I have one I have made up for such occasions so if you want a copy just pm me your email address again.

amanda x

kel1983
24-07-2012, 01:28 PM
We have an ex mindee whose mum still comes back when she is in need of childcare. We have all info still from when she was with us nd we just check with mum everytime that no other info has changed.

Cariad
24-07-2012, 08:50 PM
You are in Wales so it is a legal requirement to have a contract even for this short placement. I have one I have made up for such occasions so if you want a copy just pm me your email address again.

amanda x

Hi Manjay, I have a cm friend who has just asked a similar question. We're in North Wales too. Is this in the NMS? Can you point me in the right direction as I don't know them inside out! If you don't mind, could I have a look at this document too?
Thanks

stargazer1
25-07-2012, 06:46 AM

amanda x

Looked it up after I had posted this and realised that I need a contract. Should have looked before I posted. Thanks (again!) Manjay, will pm you my email address. xxxxx