PDA

View Full Version : Non c/m - Children's travel journals

MaffAnna
24-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Hello!
This forum is such a font of knowledge (often giving me too many ideas how to spend money :laughing:) I thought someone might have an idea.
Only 10 sleeps until my holiday :clapping: and I've just thought about getting my DS (10) and DD (5) a travel journal. Don't think a nice notebook will cut it, as I think they'll get more motivation out of having ideas for what to put in. So any recommendations? Has anyone tried the Charlie and Lola one (for DD)?

Thanks in advance.

rickysmiths
24-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi there!

When my two were little I just used a scrap book. We collected napkins, postcards, paper bags, receipts, entrance stickers, menus, etc and added photos when we got back. They would do drawings and may be add leaves, small shells etc. You may have to be careful with this if you are going abroad.

smurfette
24-07-2012, 10:33 AM
My mum used to buy us copies you know the ones with half a page space for a picture and half in lines ..'we wrote about our day and drew a picture and decorated it. Used to love it and prob kept us good for half an hour before bedtime!

PixiePetal
24-07-2012, 11:02 AM
my children had spiral bound A5 hardback notebooks. Wrote a bit, stuck in tickets/napkins/photos/postcards etc.

DD found one the other day from when she was about 8, we had a real giggle about what she put in :laughing: - she is 18 now :D