PDA

View Full Version : Development Questionnaire

melco
24-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I have a about me sheet that I give out to all parents before their child starts for them to fill in. It asks questions like, when they sleep, where they sleep, what they eat, don't eat and general questions about their personality etc. I had Ofsted come recently and I had a child I was looking after who myself and Mrs O could see had some problems with their development. Ofsted recomended that with my about me questionnaire I add questions about their childs development to find out what they can and can't do. I am not sure what to ask them. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

melco

AgentTink
24-07-2012, 09:58 AM
I give parents along with my all about me form a copy of the development matter sheets which give average development for different age ranges ie 0 - 11 months, 8 to 20 months etc. I ask the parents to highlight all the areas that they are confident their child is secure in, and then I use his as the basis for my first 4 weeks settlinging in observations. I advise parents that it is important that they let me know what their child can do at home as children can show different things at different places, an therefore it allows me to get a full picture of thier child's achievements.

sarah707
24-07-2012, 05:34 PM
It is very important that we ask parents about children's learning at home - I have been working on the descriptors for the new style inspections and from Sept this will be an important part of the 'all about me' / child information form.

You will need to ask things like - what does your child like doing best? How does your child tackle problems? Look at the characteristics of effective learning for more ideas.

Hth :D