PDA

View Full Version : 1st minded baby sleeps in cot with milk

dawnyp
23-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi sorry mind sound daft, my first minded has didnt the day today with me. His mum told me he sleeps in cot but she wont let him have a dummy but instead to get to sleep he has a bottle of milk. Something I have not done with my ownthre e, worried in case he chokes and is sic and also hygenically dont want milk spilt in my cot. What should I do should I tell her my concerns or just begin as I mean to go on and not let him have bottle in bed? If oak being a bit strict then let me know, thanks

dawnyp
23-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Sorry for all mistakes typing from my phone

Bridey
23-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I would never, ever put a child to bed with a bottle of milk! Happy to feed him before he goes to sleep but it ends there.

I would also be happy to tell mum that this is a bad habit to get into and, if it continues into childhood - which it will - it will result in her child having rotten teeth. Milk contains sugar.

rickysmiths
23-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I agree with Bridey. i have never and will never put a baby in a cot with a bottle of milk.

sarah707
23-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I agree with Bridey - it's too much of a choking risk :panic:

Little ones need to learn to settle themselves anyway ... maybe a comforter / soft blanket will help :D

mrs_scottydog
23-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I agree with everyone too. Hx