PDA

View Full Version : Next steps per area of learning or prime areas?

Hayley102
23-07-2012, 01:48 PM
As we move into EYFS 2012 I wondered if anyone had thought out how they would set next steps for over 3's. Part of me says concentrate on prime areas and relate to specific areas if it fits with theme covering at that time. Or are you going to have next steps for all areas in mind when planning activities i.e. trying to cover all areas all of the time. Sorry if this doesn't sound very clear - it is just the way my brain is trying to think things through.

sarah707
23-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Next steps link to observations...

Obs will link to the prime areas mostly for the little ones - but that does not mean you shouldn't encourage them to sing, dance, read books, dress up etc etc if that's where their interests lie.

So obs will cover all areas... and next steps will be drawn from obs.

As children get older you will see more links to all 7 areas of l & d - if you look at Development Matters specific areas a lot of the early ages are missing information and referring you back to the prime.

Does that make sense? :D

Jaynetmp
14-08-2012, 11:51 PM
:blush: Hi there
I am just moving on to the Revised EYFS, i have only worked with the old version(2008), I am finding it a little confusing atm. Is there any info or books which i could read to help me understand this a little clearer.

Cheers
Jaynetmp

sarah707
15-08-2012, 06:55 AM
:blush: Hi there
I am just moving on to the Revised EYFS, i have only worked with the old version(2008), I am finding it a little confusing atm. Is there any info or books which i could read to help me understand this a little clearer.

Cheers
Jaynetmp

I write e-books about the revised EYFS - they are on my website.

I have also updated my information site to help explain the revised EYFS.

If you want something on paper there is an excellent book about the revisions and how to use them from Early Education.

You should also keep an eye on magazines - Child Care and Nursery World are running a series of articles and Essential Childminder Magazine is an online mag which has some very good information and advice.

Hth :D

Hth :D