PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you let mindees have "a sleep over"

dette
23-07-2012, 12:59 PM
we have a static caravan that we go to at weekends and sometimes during the week for tea.i have a mindee (4) who loves to come for the day when i have her every other saturday.
This weekend is let her sleep over,mostly as i have her until half 6 friday and then start at 8 saturday morning,usually i have to wait until she leaves at half 6 then go to the caravan ,then travel back saturday morning to be in for her arriving ...then back to caravan.(about an hour round trip)
I told dad that outside of contracted hours i wasnt "childminding" so not insured etc and he was fine with this..I didnt get this in writing but looking back i think i should have ..what do you think ?

Bluebell
23-07-2012, 01:13 PM
i think maybe something in writing would have been better 'just in case' but if she was staying as a family friend and you weren't charging its different anyway.

lynnfi
23-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I had a mindee who became friend as well to one of my children and wanted a sleepover.
I was not registered for night care, so I had parents sign paper saying they understood the shift for CM to parents and I could not receive any money + signing they knew I was not entitled to look after mindee at night in registration.
So I would personnaly have him sign for next time, and possibly explain what happened the first time in a form and make him sign that he was aware of the change of conditions.

mr man
23-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I've done this for twins, it was half term and mum was away and struggling to get someone to pick them up from me at 6pm thursday and bring them back at 730 am Friday.
I thought about if for a bit and they are both really good friends with my daughter anyway. So I offered but made it clear 6pm I was not childminding tip 73 am.
Worked well and even better as dad picked them up early at 10am and I had the rest of the day off. :D

My dd has a double bed, they stayed in there and dd slept of the pull out bed from under ds room.

AliceK
23-07-2012, 01:50 PM
If the child is signed out on your attendance records and then signed back in the next morning surely that's ok I would have thought.

xxx