PDA

View Full Version : Crown tooth

childminder54
23-07-2012, 10:07 AM
I hate going to the dentist have put it of for 2 years, my tooth broke on one side then the filling came out went on Saturday was told I could leave it as it was but could play up later have a crown which old last 1, 2 years he could not say costing£200 or have a bridge costing £500 don't know what to do. Has any body has a. Crown lately need advice. Or have it out.

AliceK
23-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I had a crown on one of my front teeth about 20 years ago after I broke it on a polo mint. The crown came out once but it was able to be cemented back in again. So far so good although I'm sure it must be on it's last legs now.

xxxx

kel1983
23-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I have a crown on my front tooth. A friend hit me in the mouth with a tennis raquette.

that was about about 10 years ago. I had it replaced once about 6 years ago. Hate dentists so have tried my hardest to look after it

childminder54
23-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Its on the side the second one my husband and son said have it out I don't know but just phoned the dentist they are saying for £200 it's a gold one which I don't want white ones are more money don't do it on ns. So if he thinks I want a gold one on the side I don't.

Goatgirl
23-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi,
Not got any experience of a bridge so can't comment on that. What does the dentist recommend?

The trouble with having a tooth out is you can never get it back...

I have had 2 crowns: one didn't last very well so ended up having to have the tooth out, but the other did better and I've had it for about 8 years, no problems except as you get older your gums shrink back from your teeth so now can see the black line of the filling material underneath.

I'd go for a more expensive crown if I was in the same position again.

good luck :thumbsup:

QualityCare
23-07-2012, 11:52 AM
I had a crown fitted last year and paid the extra to have a white one fitted as l didn't want a gold one even though its on the side have had no problems with it. l wouldn't have had the tooth out had they not been able to save it and would have gone for the crown (to vain to have a gap or a false one).

mrs c
23-07-2012, 12:29 PM
I have two crowns and am struggling to remember when they were done. I know it was when I had the year's free dental treatment after having a child but I have 4 children and don't remember which child it was. My youngest is 20 next month but I seem to think it was after having my 3rd child and she is over 22 years old. There is the black line where tooth meets gum but they are side teeth so it does not bother me.
I have heard they have a life expentancy so am quite chuffed that mine are still hanging on in there. He must have been an excellent dentist!! :D

childminder54
23-07-2012, 05:37 PM
The dentist said I cannot say that's what he said

blue bear
23-07-2012, 08:53 PM
I've been told they don't last much beyond three years, mines 21 and dh crown nearly 30!
Mines on the side and you can't really see it, also I one out on the side but at the top (other side ) and that not noticeable either, only problem would be if I had to have another tooth out next to the gap, I personally would go for crown and keep the tooth as long as possible

hollyvilla
30-07-2012, 09:46 AM
I broke my 2 front teeth when I was 6 by doing a handstand on a swing, put me off swings for life. I had them crowned when I was 14 and then again when I was 18, I am now 52 and they are still going strong. The dentist told me when I had them replaced in 1978 that they had a 10yr life, they have now lasted 34yrs.