PDA

View Full Version : The cheek of it

childminder54
23-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Holidays have started offgreat I had a newbie of 4 weeks 8 years boy.lazy will not do anythink ask to take to the park will not go. All he wants to do is watch tv and play on ds. He has had a cough for 2 weeks parent had not been giving cough Medicane just calpol did come strepsils on Saturday. Aski f I know we're a emergency doctors were. still left him with me. She was collecting at 5 but come at 3 he had said half hour before his eyes were hurting this has happen before and parent told me to put cold flannel on them. So I did this this time, she told me she took him to the doctors he had temp of 38 had conjunctive ites. Could not breath very well on two lots of antibiotic. She said its a good job she came that time as she didn't know what he would be like at 5. He eat his dinner was playing and seemed fine to me. Apart from the las half hour saying he was tied as well. Then she said she was paying premium rates at week end which I chargeĀ£4.50 just to sit in front of tv, I said I cannot make him do things if he want do it. I don't charge when she is late and not charged for yesterday. She said she wants to terminate contract I said ok she has to give 4 weeks notice but said I will not charge her this so how can she say that about my rates. But she wanted to work 7 days. Also said a 7 year old had pulled him with his legs and hurt him around neck. It didn't tell me. He was playing on the other persons ds and wouldn't give back but that's no excuse. I said if he had come to me I would of sorted it out. So she is coming tonight to give me the 2 weeks money she owes me.

sarah707
23-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Don't let her bully you Veronica. Follow your terms and conditions and give your insurance company a call if she doesn't pay xx

childminder54
23-07-2012, 07:34 PM
She did come tonight to pay me, she has got it now said the boy might have court it of her. She said he doesn't want to come to mine anymore. I said I think he is saying this because he has told me he wants to stop with his mom he doesn't want her to work, so is he trying it on with her. Will let me now on Wednesday. She cannot make him come if he doesn't want to, I said it was up to her but would find it hard for someone to work at weekends.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Take that dam ds away from him and turn the tv off - he might interact in the real world then :)

She will find out what side her bread is buttered when she looks for another minder

BucksCM
23-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Take that dam ds away from him and turn the tv off - he might interact in the real world then :)

She will find out what side her bread is buttered when she looks for another minder

:laughing::laughing:
Was just about to write something similar!!

karen m
23-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I do not allow tv, i have 11 year old mindee during holidays she brings ds but to be fair some days she doesn't turn it on she is here from 8 till 7 one day and from 9 till 7 another day, hard work is an understatement not because she is naughty she just likes sitting doing nothing,one word replies when i speak,i feel guilty for charging some days.I have a few days out sorted ,mum just says don't worry she loves coming here.She has finished junior school so from now on it will be just holidays

Ripeberry
23-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Confiscate the Scart lead. That will stop them ;-)

miffy
24-07-2012, 06:55 AM
She did come tonight to pay me, she has got it now said the boy might have court it of her. She said he doesn't want to come to mine anymore. I said I think he is saying this because he has told me he wants to stop with his mom he doesn't want her to work, so is he trying it on with her. Will let me now on Wednesday. She cannot make him come if he doesn't want to, I said it was up to her but would find it hard for someone to work at weekends.

I'm glad you got your money but this parent also sounds a pain. If you're not short of work I'd let her go and look for someone who values you more!

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
24-07-2012, 08:22 AM
I agree with others. No TV and leave the DS at home. It sounds as if the child needs to learn to be part of the group and start to interact.

Do you have little ones as well? Get the older one helping to do some cooking, play board games, do you sew? Maybe do some tie dye and make a cushion cover out of it or just do tee shirts, maybe ones for everyone that you could all wear on outings.

I find it so sad when children of this age are so TV and gadget orientated when the world has so much more to offer them.