PDA

View Full Version : doing my head in!!!!

kindredspirits
11-06-2008, 11:24 AM
hmmm... maybe i'm going into the wrong job my son is 16 months old and since he had his jabs a week ago he hasn't stopped whinging.... we took him to the nurse and she said to cut back him food/milk (had sickness and runny nappies too) so we did that for a day and his sickness has cleared but, he just hasn't stopped moaning - was up all night moaning, doesn't want to be touchd, but wants comforting. keeps leading me to the kitchen and then wanting to be picked up. i can't wait until he can talk so he can tell me whats wrong. i've got a lot of patience, unless i haven't slept like the last few nights - and on otp of it my dh is next to useless he's been outside all day working on his van!! :angry:

if you had a kid that didn't stop moaning would you take him back to the drs even though we were there monday??? only time i slept last night i dreamt he had meningitus

ajs
11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
the poor child is probably just hungry
the sickness and diarrhoea is probably due to the injection but yes i 'd take him back and stay until they properly diagnose him

avril
11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Maybe it's just taking time for the vaccination to go round his system, or has he got any teeth coming through as this could affect his nappy.

Poor little chap hope he feels better soon, and I would suggest you sleep when he sleeps it he has a sleep ;)

nell57
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Sorry you're going through this at the moment, it is frustrating for everyone when lack of sleep is invloved. I would definatly go back the doctors for your own peace of mind.

Hope you all start to feel better soon, take care

Helen

katickles
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
When my dd had her jabs at just over 12 months - was warned by the HV that she may be running atemp over the next 2 days or so & be generally off. That she may develop a rash & have upset tummy. They also warned me that in 7 -10 days the same symtons may start again as its due to the vacination kicking into her system. Also that she may show signs of a cold/flu like illness.

My dd always reacts to her jabs:rolleyes:

At the end of the day if you are worried take your sone back - the worse they could say is that he is just reacting to his jabs, but at least your mind will be at ease.

Hope he's feeling better soon x

jaja
11-06-2008, 12:04 PM
bless you and your lo, if you are still not happy with how your lo is being then take him back to c the doctor, you know him best and therefore you just know when hes ill, dont take no until you get the thruth. I have a dh that doesnt want to know when the los are ill but he needs to be made aware that you need his support, why dont you ask him to care for lo while you get a nap or have a bath, you time, the lack of sleep is taking your patience and its totally understanding, i especially get ratty (son told me i do) when i havent had a good nights sleep.

Bless you both, i hope he settles down soon for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarah707
11-06-2008, 02:09 PM
My ds ended up with a very nasty reaction to one jab and had almost constant runny nappies for a long time afterwards.

Yes, I would take him back and get him checked as many times as it takes ...

Hope you get some sleep tonight xx

kindredspirits
11-06-2008, 02:53 PM
thanks - i gave him some pans to bang at little while ago and it seemed to cheer him up, which was a relief. and about 2pm he fell asleep on my knee, so i put him in to bed, told dh i was going to doze on the sofa and just woke up with a start about 2 mins ago! :blush: nearly 2 hours!! bub is still asleep so he must have been really tired, he doesn't usually nap!

thanks for all the advice - i must be a real pain to you all! :D

ruby
11-06-2008, 04:02 PM
glad that you have managed to get a little sleep nothing worse than no sleep

if your son is still playing up then do take him back to the doctors and have him checked out again just to put your mind at ease.

and no you are not being a pain that's what we are here for

cathy

katickles
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Your not a pain at all!!!

I am glad that you managed to get some sleep & if your son hasn't been getting anough then that will have equally made him ratty.

Hope he's feeling much better after his sleep :)

Cazz
11-06-2008, 05:04 PM
I think that jab is a bit of a mean one - a friend's daughter was not well recently after it and then she developed a rash so as you can imagine my friend panicked like mad - especially as the doctor sent her straight to the hospital. They said that she had suffered a reaction to the injection and should improve in a few days. She had been fine with all her other jabs as had her siblings.

Best to get your ds checked over again if you're worried about him. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Carole x

Spangles
11-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Definitely take him back because you know that he's not right.

I hope you can make them listen to you as well because you're his mum you know that something's wrong - not them!

Keep taking him back until you're satisfied with their answers.

I hope he gets back to normal soon as I can imagine how stressful it must be especially with lack of sleep.

x

angeldelight
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh bless him

I feel like crying sometimes when I am ill so it must be horrible to be so young and not be able to tell you what is wrong

Hope you take him back to the docs and hope he gets better soon

Hope you manage to have a better night tonight

Angel xx

kindredspirits
11-06-2008, 09:20 PM
i've just got him down!!! :eek: since he napped earlier he seems a little brighter, so i'm hoping he's on the mend now. its so heartbreaking at this age, i long for the next few years when we can just snuggle up and watch cartoons when he's feeling poorly (not that i want loads of poorly days, but you know what i mean!)
thanks for your messages today, its been a big help to keep me grounded!!!

anna x:D

angeldelight
11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Glad he seems ok and is asleep Anna

He will be back to his normal self before you know it I bet

Angel xx

katickles
12-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Just thought i'd see if your little chap is better today?

:)

kindredspirits
12-06-2008, 04:06 PM
yes thank you - he's back to his happy little self, thank goodness! he's still only eating crackers and carbonara, but its such a relief to see him laugh and smile.
you lot really helped me put things into perspective yesterday, plenty of cuddles with mummy and not much washing done was the right way to go!! :D

anna xx

katickles
12-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh thats great Anna - really pleased he's ok now :)

miffy
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Missed this yesterday - sorry

Pleased to hear he's a lot brighter today

miffy xx