PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else due Inspection in Sept??

marnieb
22-07-2012, 03:13 PM
So, 28th of September 3 years ago was my first inspection. A nice Mrs O was at a meeting a few weeks ago, and she said that they are ensuring that all inspections are now done on time, especially if you got lower than a good - I was 'Satisfactory' - so i'm sure they will be on the ball......

So, i am panicking a bit, especially as I'll have to show I'm using the new EYFS already!! :eek: I'll admit I havent had a chance to even look at it yet, as last 3 Saturdays have been spent on courses.

I have spent my spare time making sure everything apart from my LJ's are up to date, so I can focus on them in the run up to my due date.

So, does anyone who has had a chance to absorb the new EYFS have any words of wisdom?????

blue bear
22-07-2012, 03:28 PM
My three years were up in January, been told no more inspections until at least September unless not already had eyfs one.

Twinkles
22-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Mine will be due in October.

I am just going to start the new EYFS along with everyone else. I have prepared my revised policies and procedures ready to go out in September and will decide on my new Lj's format over the summer.

As long as you can show you are familiar with the new eyfs and have started to work with it the inspectors can't expect reams of paperwork. Just show them what you do now and how you have changed it to accommodate the new legislation.

zippy
22-07-2012, 07:20 PM
My 3 years was up in may

nell57
22-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Mine was due Jan 2012 and they are roughly 12 months behind on inspection in this area, so will be interesting to see how they manage to catch up, let alone done on time:laughing:

FussyElmo
22-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Same as nell57 I was due sept 2011 :rolleyes:

My friend is being inspected next week and she is 18 months overdue

Winnie
22-07-2012, 08:33 PM
me, it will be 3 years in sept. i'm just trying my hardest to get up to speed re eyfs 12 and hoping for the best :panic:

funemnx
22-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Mine was due last January - I WAS ready then..... :rolleyes:

The Juggler
22-07-2012, 09:10 PM
mine 3 years was up in Feb this year. I think you will be fine. they've a lot of people to inspect from jan-august before they get to those due in september. don't hold me to that but I reckon :p

lozzy23
22-07-2012, 09:31 PM
mine 3 years was up in Feb this year.

Both myself and my friend who is a CM were also inspected 3 years ago last Feb and I believe we will be one of the first inspected under the new EYFS:eek:

mrstom
23-07-2012, 06:00 AM
I was registered in March 2012 so due my first graded inspection in Sept. I'm a bit worried as I've only really done adhoc minding (the most I've cared for any one child is 6 days) so haven't really got much of a working knowledge of the 'old' EYFS and now I'm off for the summer (I work TTO).

I do have two part time mindees lined up for Sept but knowing my luck Mrs O will descend within the first couple of days!

What will be, will be I guess.

hectors house
23-07-2012, 07:16 AM
I think inspections can be carried out anywhen between 36 months & 47 months - sure I read it somewhere, but they may focus on revisiting people who got Satisfactory quite promptly. I'm fed up of jumping through hoops which seem to get higher and smaller each year, so they will have to take me as they find me.

I had my inspection 3 years ago in March, so could get phone call any time - will probably get satisfactory, but have had a tough year and have let paperwork lapse rather!

Chimps Childminding
23-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Both myself and my friend who is a CM were also inspected 3 years ago last Feb and I believe we will be one of the first inspected under the new EYFS:eek:

Same here except we were done in April 2009 - we were invited on a course run by our LA recently for CM's who will be due an inspection between September 2012 and January 2013, so we are assuming that (How the LA know we don't know?) we will be inspected soon after the reformed EYFS comes into practice - it had only come in in September before we were inspected in April last time :rolleyes:

lesley
23-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I was due in Sept 2011, I was one of the first when EYFS came out. I have been told to expect it this Sept. Not looking forward to that.

Lesley