PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillars to Butterflies

Carol
21-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Bought the butterfly farm (for my hubby for his birthday!!!) and the mindee's have been really excited watching them grow and then go into their coccoon.
Well we waited and waited but no butterflies.
Then school holidays start and the first butterfly hatched last night typical.

I was like a little excited child it is wonderful to see the butterfly :thumbsup:

Will have to take lots of pictures

Carol xx

lozzy23
21-07-2012, 05:22 PM
What a shame. I have had butterflies emerge during half term when I have been on holiday and so the children missed it:(. Even if I was not a CM I think I would still get caterpillars, I find it amazing.

They normally arrive quicker if it is lovely and warm - no wonder they waited for so long to emerge, at least when you let them go free it should be much nicer for them than non stop rain!

cathtee
21-07-2012, 06:01 PM
how exciting, can't wait to see the photo's, the lo's will be so excited to see the butterfly on monday you won't be able to drag them away:D

jaswinder bedi
21-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Cant wait to see the photograph!!! Bring it on monday!!!!!

Its wonderful to hear carol well done!!! You have Looked after it like mindees lol....... :laughing: :laughing:Butterfly what an amazing nature to see and great experience.:thumbsup:

I had Mistry parcel through the post for my daughter's birthday, not sure from whom? it was a butterfly hatching kit, have to order catterpiller, iam worried have to go on holiday in three weeks time !!! Its like looking after pet!!!!:panic:

miffy
21-07-2012, 10:00 PM
When we did this it took a couple of days for them all to hatch - I don't know if we were lucky but all of them did hatch. Hope the mindees get to see them, my lo's found them fascinating to watch.

Miffy xx

Carol
22-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Hope it works photo's I've taken.

Got 2 butterflies now :clapping:

Carol

LauraS
23-07-2012, 04:31 PM
We did these and released them back in May. Every time we see a butterfly in the garden now, my LO says it's her butterfly back to visit. :D

We're going to try a different species next time. You can order allsorts here:

http://www.wwb.co.uk/spring-and-summer-eggs-and-larvae-order-now-for-supply-in-season

Carol
23-07-2012, 08:43 PM
We did these and released them back in May. Every time we see a butterfly in the garden now, my LO says it's her butterfly back to visit. :D

We're going to try a different species next time. You can order allsorts here:

http://www.wwb.co.uk/spring-and-summer-eggs-and-larvae-order-now-for-supply-in-season

Wow lots to choose from thanks

carol

sweets
23-07-2012, 09:40 PM
It would be a nightamre for me having butterflies im the house!:panic:

bad enough having them fluttering round the garden,

yes they look quite pretty but its the fluttering :panic::panic: