PDA

View Full Version : contract advice

Delly
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I've had a question today, I look after a 16mth old little girl, who has an older brother 11, who is at private school. He gets the bus home and I have been asked if I can mind him occasionally, very occasionally. It will involve waiting at bus stop then bringing him home until collected.
I have sorted out the money situation, but I'm not sure about the contract.
She wants me to do tomorrow, then another later in the month, but tbh I can't see it being much more than that.

Do I just do a short term contract? or shall I do a full one, then we are covered for each eventuallity?

any advice appreciated. thanks :)

sarah707
11-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I would do a full contract - it's not short term really as it's likely to go on for more than 28 days...

I would also do an independent arrival form for him explaining exactly where your responsibility starts and finishes ... and stating clearly what she expects you to do if the bus does not arrive / he is not on it... and your expectations for being kept informed about after school clubs etc.

Hope he is good for you! I have a couple of great 12 year olds at the moment - not a moment's trouble and though it's not much money, it all adds up :D

jaja
11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
i would do a full contract but put on it adhoc, fill in all forms and get written consent about meeting the child of the bus. good luck xxx

deeb66
11-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Excellent advice from Sarah :thumbsup:

Blaze
11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
I would do a full contract - it's not short term really as it's likely to go on for more than 28 days...

I would also do an independent arrival form for him explaining exactly where your responsibility starts and finishes ... and stating clearly what she expects you to do if the bus does not arrive / he is not on it... and your expectations for being kept informed about after school clubs etc.

Hope he is good for you! I have a couple of great 12 year olds at the moment - not a moment's trouble and though it's not much money, it all adds up :D

I agree...I have an independent arrival form ...if you Pm me your email I'll send it to you & you can adjust it to your setting...if you want?:)

miffy
11-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I agree with Sarah too - an independent arrival form is a must then there's no confusion over when your responsiblities start and end

miffy xx

Delly
11-06-2008, 04:11 PM
I agree...I have an independent arrival form ...if you Pm me your email I'll send it to you & you can adjust it to your setting...if you want?:)

Thanks for all your help and advice, as usual your all so nice !! :)

angeldelight
11-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Good luck

Angel xx