PDA

View Full Version : quick bit of advice please..

Bluebell
21-07-2012, 07:20 AM
hi can someone advice me on wording for FB message?

I have had enquiry going back some months for 2 days in September recently spoke to her and confirmed I had these 2 days for her as she said she was going to approach work and ask for those 2 days. she then got back to me and confirimed work said these 2 days ok. i said great please come and see me to confirm start dates, times, contracts etc. 2 weeks later she not been to see me and she said she would visit end of this week (ie by yesterday) I don't have her phone number know her through FB as she is friend from work (I work 1 evening) but she on maternity leave so only way to contact by message on FB. Because I've not heard from her and I have 6 spaces to fill over 4 days I would like to start advertising and do not want to turn someone away if they want one of her days just because I do not know what s happening with her. I think she thinks she has the sace because I've told her its free and I should have emphasisied I have enquiries all the time.
I would like to message and say I haven't heard from you do you still want the space as I am getting enquiries all the time and wouldn't want you to miss out. If you would still like it please come and book in/sign contracts as soon as possible.
Do you think that sounds fair?
I've just lost another parent that was wanting 3 days because it turned out I couldn't do one of the days due to being offered a college place on that day and had another spaces on 2 days that I've kept free for the summer holidays but will be empty come September. I'm also down the day I am in college. Really need to fill some of those spaces!!

BucksCM
21-07-2012, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=Bluelion;1132942]hi can someone advice me on wording for FB message?

I would like to message and say I haven't heard from you do you still want the space as I am getting enquiries all the time and wouldn't want you to miss out. If you would still like it please come and book in/sign contracts as soon as possible.Do you think that sounds fair?

I would messege her.
I would change the last line to...If you would still like the space please can you let me know and we can arrange a meeting to go through the paperwork.
:D:thumbsup:

blue bear
21-07-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't hold places unless contract signed and deposit paid.
Message and say, sorry she was not able to make it this week, you have a potential new client visiting on wednesday and unless you hear from her by then you cannot hold the places she enquired about any longer, but if she wants to get into contact at somepoit in the futre you will try and help, wish her well etc.

Never ever turn work away unless contract is signs and deposit held, people change their minds all the time and not tell you.

merry
21-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Sounds perfectly fair to me, though I think I'd put a date rather than say as soon as possible, and that if you don't hear from her by a specific date you'll assume she no longer needs the space and let someone else have it.

:)

The Juggler
21-07-2012, 07:30 AM
i would do a quick message too. just say hadn't heard from you, do you still need childcare as I have someone else who is interested in the place.

BucksCM
21-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Message and say, sorry she was not able to make it this week, you have a potential new client visiting on wednesday and unless you hear from her by then you cannot hold the places she enquired about any longer, but if she wants to get into contact at somepoit in the futre you will try and help, wish her well etc.

Never ever turn work away unless contract is signs and deposit held, people change their minds all the time and not tell you.

Yes...more precise...gives a specific time frame to get back to you too:thumbsup:

Bridey
21-07-2012, 08:22 AM

I would do this - give a specific date by which she has to get back to you. Don't forget to ask for a phone number :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2012, 09:57 AM
As you are FB friend have you looked at her info as sometimes people put a mobile number there?