PDA

View Full Version : Childcare vouchers

kellib
20-07-2012, 05:58 PM
One of my new families, due to start in September, want to pay by vouchers. I've said that's fine so have now been sent a form from the Co-operative, does anyone else receive payments through them? Has it all been ok?

Mummits
20-07-2012, 06:02 PM
I haven't had Co=operative, but have had several of the others.

The thing is to make it clear to the parents that they need to make allowances for how long the vouchers take to get to your bank account - it can be five working days or more from the point when they authorise the payment. I have one set of parents who just don't seem to get this and have been constantlly late paying.

little stars ch
23-07-2012, 11:52 AM
ive just had someone ask me this too and i dont fully understand these

do these get payed a week in advance ?

or is payment late ?

whats the best way to go around these with parents i cannot afford not to be payed on time

thankyou

AliceK
23-07-2012, 12:02 PM

or is payment late ?

whats the best way to go around these with parents i cannot afford not to be payed on time

thankyou

The parents have to authorise the payment online so basically it should make no difference to you and how you expect to get paid. You give them the invoice with the payment date you want paying and they have to authorise the payment to come to your bank. You need to let parents know that it can take approx 3 working days after they authorise the payment for the money to show in your bank account.
All my parents use vouchers for all or part of their payments and all my parents pay me in advance. I make sure they have their invoices by around 24th of the month and I expect cleared payment in my bank by the 1st of the following month.
Does this make sense??

xxx

stargazer1
23-07-2012, 12:07 PM

or is payment late ?

thankyou

I get paid by one parent through kiddivouchers. It is very simple, she authorises the payment, it takes 3 working days to reach my bank. So I ask for payment on a Monday, she authorises the payment on the Wednesday of the week before. It is normally in by the Friday or Saturday to be honest. It will be late tho if they authorise the payment on the day it is due, they need to allow for the time for it to clear x

stargazer1
23-07-2012, 12:08 PM
The parents have to authorise the payment online so basically it should make no difference to you and how you expect to get paid. You give them the invoice with the payment date you want paying and they have to authorise the payment to come to your bank. You need to let parents know that it can take approx 3 working days after they authorise the payment for the money to show in your bank account.
All my parents use vouchers for all or part of their payments and all my parents pay me in advance. I make sure they have their invoices by around 24th of the month and I expect cleared payment in my bank by the 1st of the following month.
Does this make sense??

xxx

sorry, didnt see you had already answered this so Ive basically just repeated you :) x

kellib
23-07-2012, 12:52 PM
I ask for payments to be made upfront weekly, this LO is coming wednesday's and Thursdays so I should ask Mum to make payment on a Monday to ensure it's with me by a Wednesday?

I'm new to all this bit!

stargazer1
23-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I ask for payments to be made upfront weekly, this LO is coming wednesday's and Thursdays so I should ask Mum to make payment on a Monday to ensure it's with me by a Wednesday?

I'm new to all this bit!

sounds good to me x

kellib
23-07-2012, 06:02 PM
sounds good to me x