PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge for this?

smurfette
20-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi guys .. Have had a text this am asking for a pick up and drop off next week from a summer camp for a 12 year old.,, don't think there is any minding in it .. I know maybe the rules over in the uk don't let you do this as then is a taxi service? But if you could what would u charge for it to make it worth your while? Thanks!

smurfette
20-07-2012, 07:38 AM
It's about a 20 min round trip morning and afternoon.

Chatterbox Childcare
20-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Is it really worth it. Personally I would charge a minimum fee per day of £20 otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Chimps Childminding
20-07-2012, 08:58 AM
TBH I don't think I would bother :blush: Would have an impact on whatever you have planned for the day!

smurfette
23-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for advice .. Decided to give it a bash as it is a few extra euros and we are goingto disneyland Paris in sept! Charged my hourly rate twice a day so not big bucks but will be a few quid by end of week and all helps.

Anyways... Went to meet them this evening and what a lovely family!!! They want me to do this week and poss next week .. And poss after school in sept! Cos she goes to after school in a nursery and feels too old for it (12) so there you go who knew?! Am very pleased as thinking I might go this direction a bit in sept .. Currently I look after 4 under 3, and I am gonna lose one and poss two towards end of the year because both have younger siblings I can't accommodate. One of my friends has asked me to look after her 8 year old who is one of my daughters best friend so maybe its a new angle to explore! We will see how we get on and how the girls get on this week

Little Pickles
23-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Great news! Hope it works out well for you :clapping:

smurfette
24-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks little pickles! Went well this am my eldest got on well with her so we will see how it goes!