PDA

View Full Version : End of an era : (

kellyb
19-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Two of my minders have left today ready to go to high school.. I've looked after them for 9.5 years.. They came with me when I left working in the nursery that they attended as their parents wanted me to set up on my own...

Had such a wonderful evening I took them to pizza hut and I have to say in so proud of the wonderful young people that they have become... M gave me a willow tree figure called "the angel of caring" and I was in bits.. He's grown into such a funny intelligent young man!

Feel a bit lost like part of my arm has gone : (

Their parents had such confidence and faith in me at such a young age. I'm only 30 now.. I feel very blessed to have had such wonderful children to take care of for that period of time.. I'm very very lucky..

Just wanted to share xx

sarah707
19-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Awww xx :group hug:

foxy lady
19-07-2012, 08:19 PM
sounds like they were very very lucky to have you too xxxx

AgentTink
19-07-2012, 08:26 PM
I felt a bit emotional reading your post. This is one of the nicest posts I have read recently. This is why I became a childminder so that I couldsupport and nurture children, and include them as part of the family. :)

kellyb
19-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I felt a bit emotional reading your post. This is one of the nicest posts I have read recently. This is why I became a childminder so that I couldsupport and nurture children, and include them as part of the family. :)

Awwww bless you! I've had a good cry, it's just so sad for me but they are such happy little souls who are so excited about starting out in the big world! I'm
So proud if who they are, in this day and age it's so hard for some children to know right from wrong with the lives that they lead sometimes through their family and not knowing any different, and these two are such good eggs that they really will go on to do amazing things with their lives..

That's why I set up my business so I could give the children & their families the support and care they need : )

The Juggler
19-07-2012, 09:16 PM
that is so lovely honey :)

mrstom
19-07-2012, 09:24 PM
That is a beautiful and brilliant post. Thank you for sharing. I'm just starting out on my journey and you hear so many negative things... Good to see that it does work out :)

You've obviously done a fantastic job x

kellyb
19-07-2012, 09:27 PM
That is a beautiful and brilliant post. Thank you for sharing. I'm just starting out on my journey and you hear so many negative things... Good to see that it does work out :)

You've obviously done a fantastic job x

Thank you so much that's lovely to hear : ) I try my very best to do everything I can for every family under my wing : )

tialil
20-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Aww its so hard havng to see the children grow up and go. Ive said goodbye to 3 of mine this week as they leave to go to comprehensive school.

One has been with me 2 school years,one just a few months this time but this is the 2nd time I have cared for him as he had left me 2 years ago and came back . The other one, I have cared for on and off for since he was 2, he is now 11 1/2 . Letting him go was really hard , I know I am going to see him again as they have become part of our family but its so hard knowing I am not going to collect him from school again. I will admit I have shread quite a few tears this week.

Wednesday was the last day that we were all together as a group so we had a bit of a party :cool:

janminder
20-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Awwww. it is so hard to see them leave even after a short while let alone when they have been with you years. You have done a great job:)

md0u0131
20-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Awww lovely post, I'm sure you'll stay in touch with them xxx

Bridey
20-07-2012, 06:41 AM
How beautiful - we are so lucky doing this wonderful job. I hope your next families are just as fantastic!