PDA

View Full Version : Increase in Early Years numbers due to rising five

JennyF
19-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi there, I am quite new to this forum and childminding and would be grateful for your advice on the following. My 4 year old daughter starts school in September and Ofsted have confirmed that my numbers under the early years can increase. However, she does not go full time until October so until then for one morning a week I will have too many. Does this matter as it is only a temporary situation? Am sure that this must be a common problem at this time of year but would be greatful for your feedback!! Thank you! :)

miffy
19-07-2012, 04:12 PM
As I understand it your daughter will not count in your 5 to 8 numbers until she is in full time education - so in your case October. Normally you would have to apply to Ofsted for a variation to increase your numbers but the variation process is changing from September and under the revised EYFS, childminders will have to decide for themselves whether or not their circumstances fit the criteria for a variation. There is a useful document in free downloads written by Sarah707 about this. Ofsted should also be publishing some guidance soon.

Miffy xx

JennyF
19-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Thank you. :)