PDA

View Full Version : Over the numbers when your child's friends are there....

venus89
11-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't do this personally but just wondering - say my certificate says I can look after 5 children unders 7 at a time and I have one mindee after school. If I pick my 2 kids up from school and one of them wants 2 friends over and one of them wants 3..... am I legally obliged to stick to the numbers on my certificate (ie that would puch me over the numbers to 6 kinds other than my own) or,a s they're not mindees, can I have as many of them as I want?

As I said, I wouldn't have that many kids over when I had a mindee round anyway, just wondering where Ofsted stand on it?

Hmmm.... hope that makes sense :D

FizzysFriends
11-06-2008, 09:04 AM
No idea at all (im such a help aren't I,lol) but great question

Blaze
11-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Any extra children are counted in your numbers while minded children are present...so you would be over your numbers & in breach of registration.:rolleyes: (Presuming the children are under 8...if they are over 8...you can have as many as you want as long as care for the under 8's aren't affected...NCMA insurance allows a maximum of 12 childre total). IYSWIM :)

foxy lady
11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Any extra children are counted in your numbers while minded children are present...so you would be over your numbers & in breach of registration.:rolleyes:

if you have other children round to play after school are you supposed to have all the paperwork for them aswell?

FizzysFriends
11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Coudldn't you just sign them in as a visitor and then you wouldn't need paperwork for them.

Blaze
11-06-2008, 09:14 AM
They should be logged in/out of your visitors book & accounted for if any incedent/accident takes place involving them . They should also be recorded should you have a fire drill while they are there.:)

sarah707
11-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Listen to Blaze - she knows her stuff :D

littlewonders
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Lol! I use childminding as an excuse not to have dd's friends over for tea :laughing: :laughing: Especially as she doesn't get invited over to their houses :angry:

venus89
11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you - I must start putting them in the visitor's book when they come as I didn't realise that!

I do use it as an excuse not to have too many friends over... I'm not going to tell them I know different now! :laughing:

tulip0803
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Yup Blaze know's best.

One drawback to childminding is that your children cannot just have friends round to play whenever:( It takes planning.

Rubybubbles
11-06-2008, 05:36 PM
My ds always has a friend round, but I don't let them into the house or garden:angry: :laughing: ! but then I have 4 under 8's but only look after 2 so would be okay anyway, just why should I look after someone elses child whist I'm working IYSWIM:rolleyes:

tis a good question though:thumbsup: