PDA

View Full Version : Would this be ok?

smurfette
19-07-2012, 08:08 AM
One of my mindees will be leaving me later in the year.. Mum works from home and is on maternity leave with baby sister who I won't be able to afcommondate unless something drastic happens to one of my others! I also have an ad hoc toddler whose mum is also on maternity and hoping to go back to work in the next 3/4 months and again I won't be in a position to care for them full time.

When mum of first mindee was going on maternity I asked her what her plans were and she said it would be October before she was going back to work. I asked her recently what her plans were as I have had several enquiries for sept onwards and she said as she is breast feeding she doesn't know when baby is going to be able to be left so it is all up in the air but in any case I won't be able to take her .. And although mum is very happy with me and her care here I am not sure she will want to be using two different minders! I did say presumably you will want them together but got no reply to that

So my question is should I fill the space and give her notice? If she is probably going to be leaving anyway? And so is the other little one so I could fill nearly a full time space . Little one is very spoiled and rules the roost and mum is a total scatterbrain and hard work so won't be really sorry to lose them!

smurfette
19-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Anyone?!!!

md0u0131
19-07-2012, 02:16 PM
I might not be reading it right but are you thinking of giving notice to both of them? Are you getting lots of people asking for full time places? Personally I wouldn't risk it unless you definitely knew you could fill the space.

smurfette
19-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for reply!!! Yes am thinking of giving notice but only after filling space .. Have had a good few enquiries lately and am sick of saying I don't have space when I probably will in a few weeks ... Both mums are on maternity leave one is Job searching but not depending on me. And the other is gonna go back when suits her as she is self employed

Bridey
19-07-2012, 04:27 PM
If neither of them are paying you a retainer or a deposit while they are on maternity leave then you atre perfectly entitled to fill the places and give them notice. You can't hang around forever with no pay. It sounds like you are not enjoying working for them and can't really accomodate them anyway.