PDA

View Full Version : two way communication with childs nursery

Bumblez
18-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Help!...I am really struggling to write some sort of communication letter to nursery's/reception school to introduce myself as a childminder for a child that will be attending their class. I have a parent coming to see me next week for after school care with her four year old for Sept 2012, so I'm trying to get organised for the revised EYFS. Any suggestions what I should put in the letter and how should I word it? Also would you use observation sheets or small diary for on going communication? Any advice or sample greatly appreciated :)

karensmart4
19-07-2012, 08:05 AM
We have sharing books... They are your normal spiral bound (nice) note books that you can buy anywhere and I put a not in the front to explain that this book is for putting general information in about the child's day.. any news that needs passing from setting to setting etc. I also put my name and contact number in there.

I tell Mum that she can use it for the same reasons so that we all are aware of what's happening with the child and give support/praise and encouragement etc.

Hope that helps... sorry if it's waffling a bit but as usual I'm hurrying and doing umpteen things at a time :thumbsup:

Bumblez
19-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks karensmart4, the book sound like a better way to communicate between us (me, parents and teachers) Hope you get all your jobs done:D

karensmart4
19-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks karensmart4, the book sound like a better way to communicate between us (me, parents and teachers) Hope you get all your jobs done:D

Just sat down now from a loooonnnggg day :D hope you understood what I meant, I didn't like to read and run, so very quickly replied.

sarah707
19-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I ask the child questions, look at wall displays, ask for copies of newsletters, check with the key worker and ask parents where possible.

Sometimes other settings simply will not share and you have to get creative.

hth :D

Bumblez
27-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Opps...just found your replies! Just getting use to working this site :blush:

Thank you karensmart4 and Sarah think I will do what both of you suggested! :laughing: