PDA

View Full Version : Building and contents in durance

WildMonkies
18-07-2012, 07:30 PM
So yet again I'm struggle fling to find insurance for my home. Every year I go through this!

Who dos everyone else use?

Tried Morton Mitchell which was reasonable but doesn't cover theft as idonthavea burglar alarm. The tried ncma who was twice the price!

Eek:mad:

cathtee
18-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Try more than, they cover cm's for accidental damage for up to 6 children. The cover is for buildings including contents, it's my 3rd year with them.:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
18-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I've been with Churchill for years and never been told I need a burglar alarm.

blue bear
18-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm with mm they never asked for a burgler alarm

WildMonkies
18-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks will try the, x

jumping j
19-07-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm with Tesco, got extra clubcard points and it was fairly resonable :D

bunyip
19-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm with Direct Line, who regard CMing as falling within "domestic use" of the property. I did have to ask them to confirm this in writing, as it isn't on the schedule. No need for a burglar alarm, although some insurers make this call depending on your postcode.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-07-2012, 08:47 AM
I've been with Churchill for years and never been told I need a burglar alarm.

Me too - fantastic company and I do have an alarm

WildMonkies
19-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Sorted it now. When I asked morton Michael about the theft thing they said they cover forced entry only theft. So in other words if a guest or assistant pinched something then that's not covered! That will do me :-)

tammys-tots
20-07-2012, 03:12 PM
hi, when i first started cm 7 years ago i had no problem getting insurance but over the past few years i have. Im now with adrian flux, went with one last year got a letter confirming my details for this years insurance, it said occupation house wife, then underneath said childminder, then it said the house should not be used for business use , i rang them and they said they dont insure childminders yet i told them i was and had it confirmed in writing, he then ended my insurance straight away wasnt due for another month so annoying. i then spent all day trying to find another one, went with my cm insurance company mm then when they sent me document via email i realised i wouldnt be covered i think its up to 12 children although i dont have that many i could in the future because i work with another childminder , home contents insurance no accidental damage, i dont understand why its so much money and most wont even insure us, what do they think the children are going to do set fire to the house, i said this to mm she said well my child set fire to a bin when he was little lol well i think i would be struck of if my mindies did that, there is more chance of parents claiming if they have lots of children than us who do regular risk assessments!

WildMonkies
21-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Very true tammy! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

christine e
21-07-2012, 07:06 AM
It is standard on insurance buildings and contents insurance policies to exclude cover for anyone running a business so when giving your occupation as a childminder you need to make sure they understand that this means you will be running a business from the property. Years ago I gave my occupation as 'childminder' only to discover that they had put me down as a nanny because childminder was not on their list. I now have it in writing that I am a childminder running a business from home - I have an endorsement on my contents policy (Zurich) and a letter from buildings insurers (L & G).

Cx

sspauk
05-02-2013, 08:15 PM
My quote jumped up by £500 on renewal

has anyone got cheap quoto recently

thanks