PDA

View Full Version : MM insurance certificate

sweets
18-07-2012, 06:28 PM
probably a daft question, but which bit do you actually print out as your certificate? ive just renewed mine and ive been sent a 'schedule of insurance' and an 'employers liability certificate'

never bothered printing it our before but my inspection is due this year so really need to have a copy to show mrs ofsted. On my first inspection i was insured by NCMA and was sent a printed certificate it think.

pinkbutterfly
18-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes you need to print it out and put in a visible place (like on a wall or something) together with your Ofsted certificate. They both MUST be displayed at all times when childminding.

sweets
18-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Ive never displayed mine, i keep it in my parent info pack that holds all the important certificates, the only one i display and will ever display is my reg one.

Have been told by DW and by mrs ofsted last time that this is fine.

WHich bit do i actually print out tho?

sarah707
18-07-2012, 06:57 PM
It is not a requirement to display your insurance certificate - but you do need it in your files to show parents.

I'd print both parts and stick them in a poly wallet.

Hth :D

sweets
18-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Thankyou Sarah, will print both parts out to be sure but dont really understand why they send me the employers certificate when i dont employ anyone! lol, thats the part that looks like a certificate too, the other bit doesn't.

sarah707
18-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Just staggered out to the shelf above the freezer to look at mine (ooops an ice lolly fell into my hand at the same time :o) and it's the public liability bit in my poly wallet :D

Pandypops
19-07-2012, 02:54 PM
I have the employers bit on my wall as it looks more like a certificate and then both parts in my portfolio for easy access :)

mrs_scottydog
19-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I was wondering this too as I've just got new insurance from MM. Hx