PDA

View Full Version : Help me plan an activity for an interview tomorrow!

littleelm
18-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Hello everyone!

I've got an interview at a pre-school tomorrow, all been a bit of a rush and short notice, but they've asked me to plan a little activity to do with a group of children.

I'm not sure what age group i'll have but the pre-school caters for 2-5 so I want something that will suit all ages. I don't want anything that'll require too many resources as i'm walking to the school from my current place of work so don't want to have to lug loads of stuff with me!

I want something a bit whizzy woo that will wow the kids and the staff!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance folks! xxx

mushpea
18-07-2012, 07:35 PM
how about some playdough with some natural items like leaves, acorns, conkers, fir cones etc,, or a bowl of rice and some pots and bottles for pouring or zip lock bags with different items hidden in gel inside them or blobs of paint on paper then put clingfilm over the top and children use their fingers to spread the paint through the clingfilm, blow up some balloons and ask the children to draw faces on them,,, bubble painting,,,paint a rainblow and provide some different coloured materials to stick on asking the children if they can match the colours, provide a load of recyling materials like boxes and youghut pots and see what they can make,
hmm ran out of ideas for now

linda2girls
18-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Paint in zip lock bags for mark making. Sellotape the bags up though so no leaks.

Linda.

butterfly
18-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Go for something open-ended so the children can take it wherever they want to and you can support them at their level.

gegele
18-07-2012, 09:18 PM
get stuff ready to make olympic medals:

a few round of card box, some rubbans, glitters, glue, a big marker pen to write their name at the back and ask the children to choose a number to put on their medal, any number let them design their own medal, put the glue and glitters and what ever shiny bits you got
and TADA you spoke about numbers, they made a choice, you talk about olympics (can ask them what they know if bigger...) talk about colour, be creative and talkative...:D:D

of go with some bean bags and have a sport/dance /action session : put bean bag on your head/shoulder/ foot.....

throw it /catch it put it on the floor and jump over it....

wobble like jelly with a bean bag on your head:jump for joy:

:thumbsup: