PDA

View Full Version : Milk Claims

twiggy
18-07-2012, 11:38 AM
I have been claiming my milk from Cool Milk since Feb 2012. I have emailed them to give them the numbers of children I have over the summer holidays and they are unwilling to change my numbers and want me to claim for my maximum number of children.

In June 2012 I received a letter from the Nursery Milk Scheme stating it is my responsibility to ensure claims made on my behalf are correct and I have pointed out to them that I am not willing to claim for children in the holidays who I haven't got. They have stated that they can only change the amounts for 1 week as it will confuse the dairy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have now asked them to cancel my account with immediate effect.

Kiddleywinks
18-07-2012, 11:48 AM
It is for this very reason I won't claim milk through an agency.

I can't control what THEY claim yet it's me that would be penalised should there be an audit

Mouse
18-07-2012, 12:00 PM
It is for this very reason I won't claim milk through an agency.

I can't control what THEY claim yet it's me that would be penalised should there be an audit

Same here. It's so easy to claim the money back yourself & you know you're claiming the right amount :thumbsup:

Not only do you know exactly how much milk is being claimed, but how much you claim per pint. I've asked before, but never had a reply. Does anyone who uses an agency actually know how much the agency claims per pint? Recent reports state that they are claiming as much as 92p per pint.
No wonder the whole scheme is costing so much & is currently under review :panic:

funemnx
18-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I get mine delivered but claim myself rather than let them do it :thumbsup:

sarah707
18-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Something I don't get - if you buy milk and put it through your books as an expense ... then claim and you have to put it through your books as income - you are not getting anything free!

I get milk via an agency and I know I am receiving milk free for the children.

I leave my claim the same through the holidays though I'm not sure my milkman would cope :laughing:

Mouse
18-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Something I don't get - if you buy milk and put it through your books as an expense ... then claim and you have to put it through your books as income - you are not getting anything free!

I get milk via an agency and I know I am receiving milk free for the children.

I leave my claim the same through the holidays though I'm not sure my milkman would cope :laughing:

if you put 50p through as an expense then 50p as income, the balance is nil. But you have a pint of milk, so have got that milk for nothing.

I'm afraid I'm very anti agencies for claiming the milk allowance (as some people will have noticed :blush::laughing:) The scheme was set up to provide children with free milk, not for private companies to profit from :p

funemnx
18-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes you have the milk for free - That made me wonder for a minute there - I had to think about and then check with hubby and he had to think about it too! :laughing:

CH1957
18-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I have been claiming my milk from Cool Milk since Feb 2012. I have emailed them to give them the numbers of children I have over the summer holidays and they are unwilling to change my numbers and want me to claim for my maximum number of children.

In June 2012 I received a letter from the Nursery Milk Scheme stating it is my responsibility to ensure claims made on my behalf are correct and I have pointed out to them that I am not willing to claim for children in the holidays who I haven't got. They have stated that they can only change the amounts for 1 week as it will confuse the dairy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have now asked them to cancel my account with immediate effect.

I have had exactly the same problem. My milk agency are insisting I should have more milk than I am actually claiming but they are working it out wrong due to the shift patterns of one child & some weeks not having him. The guy then went on the say well its my fault if I claim the wrong amount (even though Im claiming less) and I that I should claim for 3 children every day because thats what Im registered for, even though I told him 3 times that I dont have 3 children every day - only 2 days a week!! He then told me I had to answer a survey and it was the law that I did. He was quite rude and very pushy.
I have seriously thought of cancelling my account, its not worth the hassle every time a new child starts or one leaves. - they get it wrong and I spend days on the phone or email trying to sort it out!

bunyip
19-07-2012, 08:34 AM
I had a nice chat with the Nursery Milk Scheme after I received the letter. It's quite clear they're more interested in catching an agents who they suspect to be abusing the scheme, rather than nailing individual CMs. Far more efficient too.

She recommended I keep all emails/correspondence with the agent. If they insist on trying to send you more, just say you'll be forwarding all the records to the Nursery Milk Scheme, and the agent will probably back down.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-07-2012, 08:50 AM
I like the WFRU - quick to do online and the money is in the bank within 3 days

plus

it goes down as income and I get 10% wear and tear on it!

twiggy
19-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I had a nice chat with the Nursery Milk Scheme after I received the letter. It's quite clear they're more interested in catching an agents who they suspect to be abusing the scheme, rather than nailing individual CMs. Far more efficient too.

She recommended I keep all emails/correspondence with the agent. If they insist on trying to send you more, just say you'll be forwarding all the records to the Nursery Milk Scheme, and the agent will probably back down.

I have kept all emails from Cool Milk including the one which says they will only amend my order for 1 week. I have cancelled my account with them as I am really not happy to claim for children who don't attend during the school holidays especially when it is my responsibility to ensure I am claiming the correct amount. I think I will just buy the milk from the supermarket and put it through my accounts and not bother claiming via the nursery milk scheme.

Mouse
19-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I have kept all emails from Cool Milk including the one which says they will only amend my order for 1 week. I have cancelled my account with them as I am really not happy to claim for children who don't attend during the school holidays especially when it is my responsibility to ensure I am claiming the correct amount. I think I will just buy the milk from the supermarket and put it through my accounts and not bother claiming via the nursery milk scheme.

You should definitely look at claiming through the NMRU. It's very easy to do once it's set up & you can claim online.

I only claim every 8 months or so and get a nice little amount of money paid straight back into my bank account. I know I've already paid it out, but it's nice to have that little bit extra coming back in every now & again :thumbsup:

Mouse
19-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I had a nice chat with the Nursery Milk Scheme after I received the letter. It's quite clear they're more interested in catching an agents who they suspect to be abusing the scheme, rather than nailing individual CMs. Far more efficient too.She recommended I keep all emails/correspondence with the agent. If they insist on trying to send you more, just say you'll be forwarding all the records to the Nursery Milk Scheme, and the agent will probably back down.

:clapping::clapping:

samb
19-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I m with cool milk and they always change when i ask, however they sometimes change to something wrong. Last week I ended up with no deliveries at all! My milkman comes Tues and Thurs which to be honest is not very convenient as I have 2-3 under 5s mon-wed and then just 1 on Thurs, so end up buying milk at the weekend for the children at the beginning of the week and then having too much on the Thursday delivery as it is only 1 child!

I think I will look into the other method mentioned. Thanks

~Grasshopper~
19-07-2012, 06:43 PM
i cancelled my cool milk orders yesterday. They are useless. ive had a few missed deliveries and last week the milk was all over my path??? they said they would replace it but im still waiting. when i messaged them they said a fox must have got to the bottle - that was split across the bottom:rolleyes:

its really not worth the effort for a 2litre bottle a week.

x

hectors house
20-07-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm with Scotts Milk Scheme - they used to deliver on a Wed & Friday, which was fine as I get my own milk delivered from our milk man on a Tuesday and then buy extra in supermarket when shopping on Thursday.

Scotts then decided they were only going to deliver on a Friday - so I asked them to deliver in 1 ltr bottles rather than have 6 pint containers in fridge over weekend - this seems to have caused so many problems, the first week they delivered a 2 ltr container and when I rang to say that the milk won't keep from being opened on a Friday until the following Friday - the lady said it would as it has a long date on it, I tried to explain that was for unopened milk and that it should be drunk within 2 days of being opened.

I know that I have other milk in my fridge and whatever is opened whether my milk or the kids milk it all gets used by all of us - but if I was operating a Nursery at a separate premises and only had milk delivered once a week this surely would be an issue.

After watching on the news about farmers striking about the price of milk they get paid - I am thinking of ringing Scotts milk company to ask how much they claim back from the scheme and how much the farmer gets!

bunyip
22-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Scotts have been fine with my milk deliveries, although their paperwork did nearly lead me to over-claim at first because of the way they asked about am/pm sessions without considering that the same children might be here for both. It's great to get deliveries cos I can't get out to the shops often and don't want to be carrying too much heavy stuff when I do.

Unfortunately, I thought I'd make use of their other food item deliveries, but the whole thing was a total mess of missing items, overcharges and wrong items delivered, so I stopped the food order very quickly.

I'm not a fan of supermarkets and try to avoid them. That said, I'm a little short on sympathy for the farmers. The dairy farmers all used to complain when the Milk Marketing Board existed to give them a guaranteed price for their milk (and a reasonably profitable one it was too.) A lot of farmers demanded the MMB be scrapped, to allow a free market, presumably in the hope of higher profits. They wanted a free market, they got a free market. Now that's no longer in their favour they want price controls back. Like the banks, they want to have it both ways: free market when the price is on the up, but someone to buffer and bail them out when they risk making a loss.

toddlers896
27-08-2012, 11:25 AM
if you put 50p through as an expense then 50p as income, the balance is nil. But you have a pint of milk, so have got that milk for nothing.

I'm afraid I'm very anti agencies for claiming the milk allowance (as some people will have noticed :blush::laughing:) The scheme was set up to provide children with free milk, not for private companies to profit from :p

is it worth claiming for the milk?

Mouse
27-08-2012, 12:00 PM
I go through my register and work out how many days I've worked each month & how many children I've had.

It normally works out that I claim about 50p a day for between about 14-18 days a month (I only work 4 days a week), so claim back about £8ish a month. I claim every 6 months or so, so get back around £50 paid into my bank account. It's a nice amount to get back every now & again...especially if I put in a claim just before christmas or holiday :thumbsup:

Aunty
27-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I too have had problems and have tried to cancel my delivery 3 times, yet it still keeps arriving on the doorstep. I have tried to speak to the milkman who tells me it's nothing to do with him, I have to speak to the powers that be. My next delivery would be due tomorrow and so after sending emails on Thursday and Friday telling the agency once again that I don't want the milk, I shall await the outcome and see what happens in the morning.