PDA

View Full Version : Oh my goodness - my first aid course

FussyElmo
18-07-2012, 10:12 AM
3rd part of my course last night and the instructer had to ask people to leave :eek::eek:

Two members of staff have been for the last two weeks and last night someone else brought them and said she had to stay to take them home but would just and read her book.

Well she sat there being disruptive laughing at her book (fifty shades) texting making the two girls pratt etc.

After the coffee break she started again and our instructor asked her to leave as it wasnt fair on the ones doing the course. She started having ago at her saying her courses were rubbish and that she was going to put in a fromal complaint and demanded she took the over 2 members of staff with her.

If this wasnt bad enough turns out she was the manager :eek::eek::eek:

Well my do was in the building and my complaint sbout the manager went in last night.

I am stilll shocked about the professionism and then you know why childcare gets a bad name :panic:

kel1983
18-07-2012, 10:24 AM
When I did my first aid course we had a group of friends that were messing around, chatting to each other and texting whilst the insructor was talking. Its just rude. These are adults. Its something I would have expected from teenagers.

caz3007
18-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I run a group (nothing to do with CMing) but we have speakers who provide their time for free. This week I was gobsmacked that 2 of the other organisers were talking quite a bit throughout the talk....yes it was about the subject but I was still mortified.

People have no respect

Blaze
18-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I wish it surprised me...but it doesn't!:rolleyes::angry:

Mouse
18-07-2012, 12:44 PM
It's just so rude when people do that.

There is one local cm who I always seem to end up on courses with. She sits talking all the way through, making what she thinks are 'clever' comments, critising everything that's said, or moaning about how she's giving up her free time to be there so she hopes they're quick :panic:

The Juggler
18-07-2012, 12:54 PM
i can't abide rudeness :panic::angry:

loocyloo
18-07-2012, 01:17 PM
i have been on courses with some local childcare 'professionals' ... who sit there and moan about everyone/everything else and how whatever it is the course is about is a waste of time/will never work!

others are fantastic and i have learnt alot from them! ( let alone learning alot from some fantastic courses :thumbsup:)

tulip0803
18-07-2012, 02:35 PM
There is one lady that is regularly on the courses that I go that has always had that (whatever it is!) happen to her and then proceeds to tell a very long story and will not stop and will raise here voice and talk over instructer/trainer! She often disagrees with instructers and will tell them so! It is soooo rude and annoying to those that want to listen and learn let alone the trainers

nikki thomson
18-07-2012, 05:08 PM
There is one lady that is regularly on the courses that I go that has always had that (whatever it is!) happen to her and then proceeds to tell a very long story and will not stop and will raise here voice and talk over instructer/trainer! She often disagrees with instructers and will tell them so! It is soooo rude and annoying to those that want to listen and learn let alone the trainers
OMG I know exactly what you mean, when me and my friend did our first aid last year there was a couple there who cm together (husband and wife) they had had every medical emergency that was ever invented happen to them, there kids were allergic to everything, one week we went and they'd had the air ambulance out, now I know you can't help these things but honestly by the end of the course I was drained from all these stories and oh my did they drag on for what seemed like forever.
Every time the instructor started setting a scene that was it, it had happened to them, me and my friend had to try so hard not to laugh at some points, it was one of those if you've been to Tenerife they'd been to elevenerife, lol. X