PDA

View Full Version : Help please : )

kellyb
17-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey lovely people on here!
Hope you are all well on this Tuesday night!

I am trying to link one of my observations from today and my brain is just not working

Today S played matching pairs with H. They played so well together, taking turns, and S was amazing with matching her pairs! She remembered where each item was after she had turned it over, then H would have his go, S then remembered where she had seen each item! She got 9 pairs out of 13!

Where would you link this to?

ZoeM
17-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello,
I am new to all this, and am testing out my understanding of the EYFS with what you have said the mindee's can do.

I dont know the ages of the children so am guessing at around 30-50months?

Would you be able to link them to...

PSED: 30-50months points 1-4 (page 9 of new EYFS), points 3 (page 13),
CL, Listening and Attention: points 4&5 (page 16),
CL, Language: 30 - 50 months points 3 (page 18)

Please tell me how I would mark this on their learning journey?
Would I put...
PSED, 30-50, *1-4, p9

OR have I got the complete wrong end of the stick when it comes to linking observations?? :idea:

The Juggler
17-07-2012, 08:59 PM
PSED, making relationships, behaviour and self control

PSRN - problem solving. :thumbsup:

blue bear
18-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Hello,
I am new to all this, and am testing out my understanding of the EYFS with what you have said the mindee's can do.

I dont know the ages of the children so am guessing at around 30-50months?

Would you be able to link them to...

PSED: 30-50months points 1-4 (page 9 of new EYFS), points 3 (page 13),
CL, Listening and Attention: points 4&5 (page 16),
CL, Language: 30 - 50 months points 3 (page 18)

Please tell me how I would mark this on their learning journey?
Would I put...
PSED, 30-50, *1-4, p9

OR have I got the complete wrong end of the stick when it comes to linking observations?? :idea:

Personally I only make links to one area and next steps off that but by adding stickers make references to all the areas the activity covers.

My ob would go like this

X did xyz.

Mathematics -shape space and measure
Shows interest in shape by sustained activity and by talking about the arrangements

Next steps
Organise the environment to foster shape matching eg. Pictures of toys on boxes so children know where they are kept.
I'd also add other memory games.

I'd sticker psed, c and l,

I have a grid in the back showing which area I have observed, e date and what age bracket the development covers.

kellyb
18-07-2012, 07:07 AM
I've been told by our network coordinator that were not to use the new eyfs until sept 3rd.. So I need to know what area within psrn you would link it to and which sub area of that area also if that makes sense: )

kellyb
18-07-2012, 08:12 AM
I've been told by our network coordinator that were not to use the new eyfs until sept 3rd.. So I need to know what area within psrn you would link it to and which sub area of that area also if that makes sense: )

ZoeM
18-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Really, I havent got the old one as I am new to this game!!! Oh well, I cant use the old one if I havent got it!!

So... you don't need to write which bullet point they covered, just the area and what they did, then their next steps?

If I was to have a copy of the age range and each area of learning for each child, then highlight the bit they can do and date it, would that be ok? or not really a good use of time?

kellyb
18-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I was always told we had to write out the observation

Then I was told you had to pick the area that is mostly covers

So for eg psrn

Then you had to write what area of that that it was

Eg calculating

Then to write the sub area of development matters

Eg show an interest in number problems

Then to write up what the next steps would be

blue bear
18-07-2012, 02:36 PM

It's the same but psrn, shape space and measure.

blue bear
18-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Really, I havent got the old one as I am new to this game!!! Oh well, I cant use the old one if I havent got it!!

So... you don't need to write which bullet point they covered, just the area and what they did, then their next steps?

If I was to have a copy of the age range and each area of learning for each child, then highlight the bit they can do and date it, would that be ok? or not really a good use of time?

If you want to do it in bullet points that's fine, you need to find a way that works for you and your parents, there is no one right way to do it.