PDA

View Full Version : help

jenlal
31-12-2007, 10:38 PM
hi
my name is jenny, and i am looking to start my own childminding buisness. i have wanted to do this for so long but with one thing and another just never got round to it and have been stuck in a call centre for the last 5 years.
although i have never been to college to gain the qualifications for this type of job, i have got alot of childminding experience.
i have 2 children of my own and have looked after family and friends children since i was a young teenager.
i was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how to start this all up, as i feel the time is right.

thanks jen :)

manjay
31-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the forum. It depends where you are in the UK as to which agency you contact to start the ball rolling. I am in Wales and here you contact the CSSIW. Not sure of your first port of call if you are in England, Scotland or NI.

I am newly registered and don't have any formal childcare qualifications but like you have plenty of experience with my own children.

Good luck

Amanda xx

sarah707
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi Jenny and welcome!

You could contact your local Children's Information Service - or if you've got a Sure Start Centre locally they'll be able to point you in the right direction... it's a great profession!

You're fine without qualifications... there's a course to do first, so you are given a lot of help... and we're here!

Talk soonx

bubbly
01-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Jen,

I'm a newly registered childminder in Cambridgeshire. My first port of call was to contact my local Childcare Information Services through their website. They sent me dates of the briefing sessions and I booked onto two of those. Everything then happened from there. The next steps were explained and I was given the relevant paperwork to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps a little bit.

angeldelight
01-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Jen

Just wanted to say hello and welcome

You have had some good advice

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

emler
01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Jen & welcome to the forum

Emler x

Mollymop
01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Jen,

I hope you have gotten all of your answers. Welcome to the forum.:)
Lets us know how you get on enquiring. Childcare information services are really nice when you ring them.

Love Sandra XXX

carolinel
01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
hello and welcome!